Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving up dairy page 6

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyborcat View Post
    Tea that tastes like root beer sounds awesome. I might have to try to find that.

Oh, and interesting side-effect of cutting out cheese, at least at the moment: I'm consuming less calories o.O MyFitnessPal keeps bitching at me about not getting enough =P
    Here you go Sassafras Tea | Raspberry Tea

Yep, cheese can just be a lot of mindless calories.

tibofox is offline Junior Member
    When i gave up dairy for a month i felt soooo much better. Because giving up grains made me need to sub with some dairy for the cals. But i subbed dairy with extra fats and meats/eggs. Feeling so much better.
    Now, i eat a lot of butter on meats etc, and very occasional greek yoghurt and cheese. No milk.

GiGiEats is offline Banned
    Haven't had dairy in 11 years. Don't even remember how terrible I felt when I was on it but I am NOT willing to try it to see! I do recall I kicked it to the curb for MANY reasons though!

As for coconut in your coffee, you should try unsweetened almond milk, I have heard that is AMAZING!

Puddleglumish is offline Member
    I started to cut dairy foods out of my diet some weeks ago after I realised that it was contributing to badly bleeding gums. Avoiding gluten has stopped the nosebleeds and reduced the gum problems, dairy then became noticeable as a trigger.

Amazingly, I can now breathe through my nose! This has been a complete revelation, totally unexpected.

As far as milk in tea and coffee goes - I like black coffee anyway and after a while, got used to black tea even to the point of quite enjoying it.

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Puddleglumish View Post
    I started to cut dairy foods out of my diet some weeks ago after I realised that it was contributing to badly bleeding gums. Avoiding gluten has stopped the nosebleeds and reduced the gum problems, dairy then became noticeable as a trigger.
    I learned after reading Keith Woodford's book (Devil in the Milk, which I pointed to in a post further up) that the peptide BCM7* found in the dairy protein "beta-casein of type A1" (and variants) is VERY similar to the gliadomorphin peptide found in gluten. So both peptides trigger similar immune reactions ...

* A peptide is a rather small chain of amino acids, which are the by-products of larger protein digestion. BCM7 stands for beta-casomorphin-7, a very specific chain of 7 amino acids which may make it to your bloodstream if you have a somewhat leaky gut. Eating gluten will definitely punch holes in your gut ... so drinking A1 type milk and eating wheat could well be the WORST thing you can do. A2 type milk (much harder to find in the US) does not exhibit the same issue because the beta-casein has a slightly different structure (older genetic variant than the A1 type) which makes it very hard for BCM7 to be produced through the digestion process. I switched ALL my dairy products to Jersey milk based stuff and I do not drink milk itself (makes me gassy) + I stick to French raw milk based cheeses (the French only consider A2 type milk for cheese production). Jersey cows are mostly the A2 type (2/3 of them roughly) and A2 is clearly MUCH healthier.

Cyborcat is offline Senior Member
    Ironically, I feel like my sinuses are worse these last couple days. Could just be coincidence. Does it get worse before it gets better? >.>
    My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
    (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
    Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
    (Red Dwarf)

Cyborcat is offline Senior Member
    Oh! And I lost half a pound this morning. After having 2 sips of coffee it went back up, but I counted it anyway (I only weighed a second time because by the time I went to record it, I'd forgotten what number came after the decimal and wanted to confirm it--tho I had an idea of what it was).
    My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
    (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
    Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
    (Red Dwarf)

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Hah. Congrats on the phantom weight loss, here's to it being permanent.

So what's this, our 5th dairy free day? 6th? I forget already. I haven't had any sinus issues but I did notice I was wheezing last night while going to sleep. I think it's just dairy making its way out of our systems. Good riddance!

It's also day 3 of no caffeine for me and I haven't noticed any effect whatsoever, oddly.
    Last edited by little vase; 07-31-2013 at 06:29 AM.
    be the hair that knots with my hair
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    primal since oct. 1, 2012

Chrisflyer is offline Member
    Why anyone would want to consume dairy is beyond me. It is a processed food, and is not fit for human consumption.

You would not consume it in the wild, so why consume it now... Silly.

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisflyer View Post
    Why anyone would want to consume dairy is beyond me. It is a processed food, and is not fit for human consumption.

You would not consume it in the wild, so why consume it now... Silly.
    Mmmm, there are traditional people drinking milk daily (Masai for example). What do you precisely mean by dairy and processed ? I don't think the French fared bad on their traditional cheese either ...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast