Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving up dairy page 5

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyborcat View Post
    So, I put coconut milk in my coffee this morning--tasted pretty good, but it reminds me of those flavored coffee creamers (hazelnut, etc.) that I used to use once in awhile--the idea of having my coffee taste like that every morning is gonna take some getting used to. Also, I'm gonna have to use less, even tho it was only maybe a Tablespoon or so--I cannot overstate how frigging STRONG the taste is, wow o.O
    I really prefer the coconut milk powder that you mix with water now, over the canned coconut milk. The canned stuff is weirdly thick and sometimes "slimy", I'm not a fan.

Cyborcat is offline Senior Member
    I kind of like the consistancy so far. It is thick, tho--it's even thicker than the heavy cream I used to use, which I didn't expect.
    My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
    (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
    Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
    (Red Dwarf)

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    I bought the whole foods generic brand mostly. Thai Kitchen or the green Nature one (can't think of the name atm!) weren't as thick -- but were more expensive.

SamT is offline Junior Member
    Quitting diary was easy for me. I learned months ago, before I even heard about Primal or Paleo, a few bad things about milk (I can tell you but it ain't pretty).

Once I stopped eating (yogurt) or drinking (milk) dairy products, my small patches of eczema that I'd get on my inner thighs cleared up overnight. So there's another good reason...I was allergic to it and didn't even know.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SamT View Post
    Quitting diary was easy for me. I learned months ago, before I even heard about Primal or Paleo, a few bad things about milk (I can tell you but it ain't pretty).

Once I stopped eating (yogurt) or drinking (milk) dairy products, my small patches of eczema that I'd get on my inner thighs cleared up overnight. So there's another good reason...I was allergic to it and didn't even know.
    Please, do tell. Others might benefit.

Paleobird Guest
    Something I just stumbled across :NOTMILK Poster: B for Breast Cancer

is enough to make me decide to make the milk ban permanent around my house.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Ugh. Not only that, but I've read one too many articles about how many dairy cows have inflamed/infected udders and teats from being overworked, and they're milked anyway. Their pus goes right into the bucket with the milk. We end up consuming it. I'm sorry, I know that's completely disgusting. I told my husband that several years ago and he used to joke and ask me if I wanted some Pus Ice Cream. Gaaaahhhhh!!

Paleobird, thank you for the teecino suggestion. I think I might try an herbal tea instead, because with anything that tastes like coffee I'm going to want something that tastes like cream to go with it. I gave up dairy three days ago and gave up caffeine today so I'm going to try to stay away from anything that makes me want either. I had hot water with lemon squeezed into this morning and it was very nice! It felt very cleansing, and I had no mood or energy crashes.
    be the hair that knots with my hair
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    primal since oct. 1, 2012

little vase is offline Senior Member
    double
    be the hair that knots with my hair
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    primal since oct. 1, 2012

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    Ugh. Not only that, but I've read one too many articles about how many dairy cows have inflamed/infected udders and teats from being overworked, and they're milked anyway. Their pus goes right into the bucket with the milk. We end up consuming it. I'm sorry, I know that's completely disgusting. I told my husband that several years ago and he used to joke and ask me if I wanted some Pus Ice Cream. Gaaaahhhhh!!

Paleobird, thank you for the teecino suggestion. I think I might try an herbal tea instead, because with anything that tastes like coffee I'm going to want something that tastes like cream to go with it. I gave up dairy three days ago and gave up caffeine today so I'm going to try to stay away from anything that makes me want either. I had hot water with lemon squeezed into this morning and it was very nice! It felt very cleansing, and I had no mood or energy crashes.
    Ewwwww.

Teeccino with Aroy-D coconut cream is da bomb. Another think I've been drinking lately is sassafras tea. I discovered it out in the wild west of Utah on a camping trip recently. It is the "rootiness" in the original root beer but without the sugar. There is a brand called "Pappy's" that comes as a liquid concentrate in a bottle (they have a website). Very handy.

Cyborcat is offline Senior Member
    Another think I've been drinking lately is sassafras tea. I discovered it out in the wild west of Utah on a camping trip recently. It is the "rootiness" in the original root beer but without the sugar.
    Tea that tastes like root beer sounds awesome. I might have to try to find that.

Oh, and interesting side-effect of cutting out cheese, at least at the moment: I'm consuming less calories o.O MyFitnessPal keeps bitching at me about not getting enough =P
    My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
    (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
    Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
    (Red Dwarf)

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast