Thread: Hello from Northern Virginia page

JeffC is offline Senior Member

Hello from Northern Virginia

Shop Now
    I am from Falls Church and work in DC. I love my wife and family and do kettlebells and make buffalo recipes, I would like to learn to hunt as well.

Your location: Falls Church, VA

Age (If you want): 40

How Primal are you: 80%

Do you consume dairy: some but minimal

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee in the morning, green tea in the afternoon

Motivator for switching to Primal: liked many of the foods, find the philosophy compelling

Favorite exercise: kettlebells

Favorite Primal food: buffalo: make my own jerky, love buffalo marrow, use the bones for broth. I'm lucky to have a great vendor at my farmer's market.

Best part about being Primal: generally like most of the food

Worst part about being Primal: have to focus more on weeding out some of the things I might otherwise like to eat and drink--even if I know in the back of my mind those things are not good for me.

tabithatoes is offline Member
    Welcome! I also live in NoVA
    How long have you been living Primal, and are your wife and family on board?

JeffC is offline Senior Member
    tabithatoes, for the past 6 months or so, diet wise I have been very close to primal for breakfast and lunch weekdays, it's just the way I naturally eat. Dinner and weekends are more difficult and a challenge. Plus since I do most of the cooking, it is easy to steer things in my cooking direction. My wife is on board but not as strict about it.