Thread: The other benefits of working out page

YogaBare is offline Senior Member

The other benefits of working out

Primal Fuel
    Has anyone else changed their exercise regime, only to find that more than their body composition has changed?

Obviously there's things like improved fitness, mood and sleep, but in my case, since starting to work out intensely last month I've noticed a huge difference... in my skin! It's gotten incredibly soft, and the KP on my arms and thighs has disappeared! I'm guessing it's due to improved circulation...?

Has anyone else experienced random and welcome changes?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Jer37208 is offline Member
    Aside from all the usual benefits, things I didn't count on were improved posture, clearer skin, and a better boner
    Here to eat and move like a caveman, not look or stink like one

TinaJefferson is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I've noticed a huge difference... in my skin! It's gotten incredibly soft, and the KP on my arms and thighs has disappeared! I'm guessing it's due to improved circulation...?
    YogaBare, my skin improves in texture and tone when I work out regularly. I keep a nice glow, and my under eye circles are better as well. I bet it is the increased circulation that does it.

Other than the physical improvements, I work out for the mental ones. I am calmer and happier and more at peace in myself. Breaking a sweat gets all the right juices flowing!

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    If I am lifting on a regular basis, my overall posture improves.

If I am doing yoga on a regular basis, my perceived stress level decreases dramatically.

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    , and the KP on my arms and thighs has disappeared!
    duh-whats KP? these last 4 months have brought so many changes to me that its unbelievable but i dont know which are due to weighloss,diet or exercise as my whole lifestyle has changed. there isnt one thing that isn't better and that is so amazing
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

upupandaway is offline Senior Member
    I'm not naturally flexible and have a desk job, if I don't work out, I seize up and feel like someone twice my age!