Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dodging my way to health page 2

jackaaron is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Wow, this is impressive, and excellent news.

Sorry, what is BG..."Reducing my fasting BG, postprandial BG and HbA1c to normal levels as quickly as possible was goal 2"

I should probably know by being on this site, but I don't.

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    i was dreading the thought of loose skin actually but it isn't too bad, i've got some puckering just below my knees but that's filling out as the muscle increases,
    my abdomen might need some surgical intervention but that's mainly because i've had a couple of ops on my liver, surgery to duodenum, gall bladder removal. several ops on pancreas and tubes so my abdomen is a mess of scars and having lost the weight its uneven and looks like a topographical map of wales! the cosmetic surgeon who did the skin grafts after my cancer ops had a look a couple of weeks back and reckons it will tidy up nice and i will end up loosing most of the old scars so it will actually look better.
    they wont be doing it for a few months tho.
    the loose skin on my arms is also filling up with muscle but that's been slower.
    i had skin removed from my thighs for the grafts and as the first op failed and the graft was removed and replaced it already left my thighs tight. there's a bit of extra skin on my buttocks but that will have to stay in case i need further grafts if/when the cancer starts up again
    i guess i was lucky not to have much muscle under the flab!
    Last edited by CarbDodger; 07-30-2013 at 01:25 PM.
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Quote Originally Posted by jackaaron View Post
    Wow, this is impressive, and excellent news.

Sorry, what is BG..."Reducing my fasting BG, postprandial BG and HbA1c to normal levels as quickly as possible was goal 2"

I should probably know by being on this site, but I don't.
    BG = blood glucose, you might see FBG and PBG on the site -(fasting blood glucose, postprandial blood glucose. postprandial just means 2 hours after eating)- i was an extremely unstable diabetic with vastly high BG.
    Last edited by CarbDodger; 07-30-2013 at 01:31 PM.
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'

Annieh is online now Senior Member
    Awesome story, thanks for sharing. WEll done on everything achieved so far and best wishes for your continued health. Have a great time camping.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Congrats CarbDodger! Very inspiring story, similar to PaleoBird in your approach to battling cancer. I am sure you will inspire many others to a healthy lifestyle by your example.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbDodger View Post
    i was dreading the thought of loose skin actually but it isn't too bad
    Awesome!

Have you tried dry brushing? I only do it when I think about it, which isnt often, but I like the idea behind it and this reminds me that I should try to make it part of my regular routine. Even if it doesnt work, it feels really good
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

blondie0216 is offline Junior Member
    CarbDodger,

Congratulations!!! You are very inspirational. I appreciate you sharing your story.

MightyMike is offline Member
    Thank you for sharing this story

loves walking is offline Member
    I really enjoyed reading your story and postings. You have done such a great job on losing weight and getting healthy.
    I know in one you said that you stay around 50 carbs a day. Do you mind telling me how many calories a day you eat?
    Wishing you the best........

Quote Originally Posted by loves walking View Post
    I really enjoyed reading your story and postings. You have done such a great job on losing weight and getting healthy.
    I know in one you said that you stay around 50 carbs a day. Do you mind telling me how many calories a day you eat?
    Wishing you the best........
    i was eating 800 while rapidly losing weight; now i'm eating around 1200-1500 to stay stable

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast