Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What lengths have you gone to? page

thaijinx is offline Senior Member

What lengths have you gone to?

I know I'm not alone when I say I'm working on getting my health back. One day I realised just how hard I was working when I tried to think of all the things I've done. To some it may seem nuts. A new lifestyle. A religion! But now it's all so normal I don't even think about it anymore. All I know is that I feel great. I sleep great. And life in general is pretty darn good. Thanks to Primal Blueprint.

I've given up wheat and grains, veg oils and most sugar. Like most Primals I no longer partake in junk food, processed foods or tinned foods... And there are a long list of foods and ingredients I avoid now. And a long list I try to have instead.

I've given up alcohol, bottled and canned drinks and milk. My water is sparkling and full of minerals, my tea is herbal, and I enjoy raw goat milk and whey.

I've gotten rid of all chemical personal care items. Now it's herbal toothpaste, soap, coconut oil. Turmeric, herbs, and honey. No cosmetics. No hair styling products. My baths are full of magnesium.

My clothes are comfortable. My shoes are flat. I've overhauled my kitchen cupboard and I have a heaving spice rack. I wash up with baking soda. I have less screen time. I sunbathe. I garden. I've even stayed growing a few veg and herbs.

I go out in the rain, I sleep in the dark, I'm fairly stress free and am living it & loving it, every single moment.

What lengths I have gone to! And I'm very proud of myself and my achievements.

Almost 2 years primal, with many more to come.
    SW: 68 kg. * CW: 61.5 kg. * GW: 60 kg or less...
    “Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.” ~ Buddha

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    That's a great list, Thaijinx. Just over a year into primal here and getting more and more "into it" as time goes by. Starting to feel more remote from the mainstream of the way other people live.

For the first year I was just happy to do what I would now call "basic primal" - ditching the grains, sugar and oils. Then I started adding a few things like bone broth. Then bought 1/4 cow. And so it goes on.

In the last few weeks, I have:
    made my own soap from olive oil.
    bought my first ever raw milk.
    made my own yoghurt from it.

Little does my dh know that I'm now thinking about fermented cabbage and kombucha, lol.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Switching from CAFO to pastured/grass-fed is the biggest for me. It's more expensive and living in a city with the social conscience of a gnat, pretty tough. More than half of my food is delivered from sources online.

It's not so much a religion, but a determination to not support and to not eat food that is produced by people who think that taking my money for shit food is called "business."
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

ezzirah is offline Junior Member
    Hello!

I am very, very new to this lifestyle and I was reading your inspiring posts, but wondered where online do you get meat sources? How is it shipped? I realize this is off topic, I apologize for that.

Hands to palm,
    Ezz

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    When I re-read the PB principles, I am 100% "primal". I am not fond of tags though. All I can say is that I have no plan to change this lifestyle. What I like the most about it is the freedom NOT to eat for long periods if I want to and still thrive. My own personal transformation has also been mental. There is this feedback loop between "body" and "mind" and I understood a little more about the brain-gut axis. It's funny because I always "heard" my body sending signals to my mind, and there used to be a lot of complaining (joint pain, muscle ache, wrong posture, big spare tire around my belly, etc) but never replied to these complaints due to constant brain fog, laziness, a certain "fatalism" maybe. This is over, everything is in its right place today and I get no more complaint Actually, I have developed some springs and from morning to evening, I feel like jumping around

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    The big changes for me weren't really diet. I rarely (if ever) eat junk. I'm trying to reintroduce a bit of rice, having went through the exhaustive list Nikoley complied on resistant starch and found no flaw in the reasoning behind reincorporating a small amount of weekly, nonallergenic grains. I still drink juice and, being an animal and one that likes fermented foods, drink a couple of times a month.

So the biggest changes:
    -I sunbathe (I used to burn, but now that I tan I can take some sun).
    -I lift weights (finally have the energy to).
    -I don't stress about things.
    -I minimize chemical exposure.
    -I walk barefoot frequently.
    Diet-wise, the significant ones are:
    -I avoid everything processed 99% of the time.
    -I have singled-out and removed any allergens.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Rocco Hill is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thaijinx View Post
    I wash up with baking soda.
    Good Lawd, if only I could persuade my old man to do this. The amount of chemicals he uses to clean with is frightening.

As for lengths - I cycled 3 hrs overall to buy the right Milk and cheese today because i didn't have my car. I hate any endurance sport like running and cycling.

Luckily I've got an amazing farm which delivers the highest quality product near me, so I get a weekly delivery

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ezzirah View Post
    Hello!

I am very, very new to this lifestyle and I was reading your inspiring posts, but wondered where online do you get meat sources? How is it shipped? I realize this is off topic, I apologize for that.

Hands to palm,
    Ezz
    Amazon for sardines in bpa-free cans.
    Costco.com for coffee.
    Marx foods for salmon.
    US Wellness for tongue, marrow bones, beef.

Most include the shipping in their price (US Wellness has a $7.50 processing charge). It's usually shipped overnight.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

GiGiEats is offline Banned
    An inspiration to all!

I've been living primal/paleo for 11 years now! 11 years, no sugar. Not even once. No pasta. No dairy. I don't even eat fruit!

Cyborcat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Raw egg in my coffee--'nuff said =P
    My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
    (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
    Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
    (Red Dwarf)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast