Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post lifting snacks? page 2

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by umm7 View Post
    Thanks that helps with my understanding. Yes, barbell weight training, not sure with the macros that whole deal is hard to figure out, never fasting before training.
    If you're looking to build muscle, just be sure that you're in a slight caloric surplus and consuming adequate protein (0.8 - 1 gram per pound of bodyweight). Everything else is pretty much personal preference, but don't skimp on carbs as they will fuel exercise performance.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

umm7 is offline Senior Member
    What would be adequate carbs? I am doing this with a calorie deficit as to drop weight. I have read conflicting ideas about that.

Quote Originally Posted by umm7 View Post
    What would be adequate carbs? I am doing this with a calorie deficit as to drop weight. I have read conflicting ideas about that.
    Oh ok. Carb intake is going to vary drastically between individuals.

How lean are you right now? How active are you? I usually prefer a good balance. Not too low in fat so that you can maintain hormonal function and satiety, and not too low on carbs to the point where exercise performance suffers and you start to feel like crap.

What I do is set protein, set fat to a moderate level, and then fill the rest of my calories with carbs.

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    Jakejoh, is post workout nutrition after training fasted but on a Bulletproof coffee still as important as after training completely fasted?

Quote Originally Posted by Allenete View Post
    Jakejoh, is post workout nutrition after training fasted but on a Bulletproof coffee still as important as after training completely fasted?
    The issue is not having any circulating amino acids, and BPC doesn't solve this problem. However, as long as you're taking in a sufficient amount of nutrients (specifically protein) over the course of the day, I'm not convinced that post-workout nutrition is all that big of a deal.

So, it would probably be a good idea to eat soon after training if you don't have any circulating amino acids from a preworkout meal, but if you can't for some reason, I don't see a reason to stress about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12