Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: [Vent] Vegan friend is vegan page 4

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Foie gras is on my list of things to try once. It just looks so intriguing...

FabMandy is offline Member
    Please please please provide her with some information about the harm of soy :\ (Hopefully from a neutral source; I know they get suspicious if the organization promotes consumption of meat, but it seems they are the only ones alert to the problems!) If she eats a lot of it, just getting rid of that could help halt the damage she's doing, especially since vegans tend to go overboard on the processed forms of soy (ie. fake deli meat, fake hot dogs, fake sausages, soy milk, soy puddings/yogurts, etc.). That stuff is awful and shouldn't be available to buy, much less eat I feel so sad when I learn of people whose diets are based around this form of soy, like my good friend out west whose daughter (who is all of 3 years old) was/is on soy formula and has to be supplemented with iron I mean, if your baby is lacking iron and you have a good idea why (ie. vegan, soy-based diet), there's a problem! Supplemental iron is harsh. Ugh, it breaks my heart but I can't say anything because my friend is an ethical vegan and I just try to avoid the topic of food altogether. I fear her daughter is going to end up with a digestive or reproductive disease, depressed thyroid function, etc. I was a teenager when I got heavily into this kind of soy and it damaged me enough, I can't imagine what someone would suffer through consuming this damaging stuff right from their earliest years.

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    Soy is the devil @_@
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Griff is offline Senior Member
    I've tried - once. She didn't speak to me for two weeks. I can't force her to listen.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't mind people eating soy if they found it delicious and chose to consume it because they preferred it. What makes me sad is when people are consuming it for health reasons. They know not what they do

I've been away this weekend and the hotel I stayed at only served grains and soy for breakfast. I went out and bought some ham and cheese to eat instead. I did complain too but I don't imagine it will do any good. They won't get any repeat business from me anyway. I rather resent someone forcing their values on me.

Sorry to hear about your friend Griff. Probably not much you can do but be there for her when she needs you.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    I've tried - once. She didn't speak to me for two weeks. I can't force her to listen.
    Nope.

I would say, just enjoy the things you like about your friendship, love her for who she is, and be willing to offer support and information if she ever asks you for it.

The guy who sells duck at my farmer's market was voicing some vegan concerns this last week, saying that maybe he's in the wrong racket. Good luck to him.

Anand Srivastava is offline Senior Member
    My wife is a vegetarian. She understands the logic. But meat is not negotiable. We already ate more vegetables than other people, before I found paleo. We have already reduced most of the wheat from our diet, except occasionally. She is also trying to reduce other grains, and legumes. The recipe is going through more potatoes. Greens are still too less in the diet. It has been just a year now, hopefully we will improve further. It is a slow process.

eva
    eva is offline Senior Member
    i find it strange when vegans (doesnt it come from the word vegetables after all) say something like - "im not so much into vegetables" when talking about what they eat... i just cant wrap my mind around hoe does being vegetarian or vegan exclude vegetables....
    challenge yourself
    i blog here http://theprimalwoman.blogspot.com/

Bisous is offline Senior Member
    I was trolling around the veggienforums this weekend, looking for threads like the ones we see often here, about how vegetarianism made someone so much more mentally clear and cured acne and cellulite - there were some people who lost weight, and a lot of their concerns were the same as ours - toxins in the food supply, the poor state of processed "food", trying to advise the teenage vegans that coke and fries isn't really the way to go. many are now anti-soy too. They blamed the toxins on meat and worship whole grains, for the most part. I would say we know to be careful about the source of our meat, and I think they need to be mighty careful about their whole grains.

Bisous is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I had a vegetarian tell me that we shouldn't eat meat because our teeth are different than carnivorous teeth (i didn't point out that we aren't technically carnivores), then he was talking about chimps (who split off from our family tree 5 million years ago). Then when I asked him what he ate - he said "well mostly grains". !!!! At least if you are going to be pseudo evolutionary about your illogical argument, be consistent.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234