Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Friday horror. Have you ever seen a ghost? page

Sol blackcat is offline Senior Member

Friday horror. Have you ever seen a ghost?

Primal Fuel
    Following on from reading about the late actor Telly Savalas' encounter with a ghost,
    I was wondering why they always appear to be of Victorian era.

Why not a caveman ghost? or a punk ghost with daft hair and earrings ect.

I haven't personally seen a ghost but:::

HAVE YOU?

If so, would you like to share your story?

BOO!
    FTM. I'm not biased, I hope everybody beats the mags!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I've seen one, and heard a couple more.
    The one collaborated by others is a ghost/ mimic at my in- laws' house. To me and most everyone there, it has presented as someone else in the family. I've seen it as my niece and my mother in law, both in a place they couldn't be, and then disappearing once I realize that. MY husband is the only one who has seen the real face of the ghost, a 12 year old girl with brown hair in a sundress. In all cases, it is just translucent enough to jar the brain into thinking something's wrong.
    The other was at Six Flags over Texas, in the backwards house (no longer there.) This older man just straight up walked through our tour guide like he wasn't there.
    I've heard several more, usually the noises humans use when they're trying to catch someone's attention. ("Hello?," "OVER HERE!" "Aqui!")
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

lemontwisst is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for another fun Friday thread, Sol

I've never seen one, no. But there is a spirit that hangs out in the in-law's house and I've been in close contact with her many times. She manifests herself the most by making the sound of the deadbolt on the front door unlatching which isn't always completely apparent because the door is on the lower level, with the main part of the house up a big staircase. The times I have heard it I've been at the house alone waiting on others to come home and have been fooled into thinking they'd gotten home when it was really just her messing with me. Everyone else who's ever spent a night in the house has heard it.

The closest I've been to her was one evening when we were over for dinner; I was walking into the hall to go to the bathroom and there are three nesting tables at the start of the hall. As I walked past the tables, my hearing clouded over to drown out the sounds of conversation (like someone put a pillow over my head) and I clearly heard the tables rattle together. After going back to the table, I mentioned I'd heard the ghost; Mister's mom said she rattles the tables very infrequently so it was lucky to hear. She also said she's tried jumping up and down in front of the tables, bumping them, etc, and has never gotten them to rattle together like that herself.

I call the spirit a 'she' because Mister dated a girl long ago who could see spirits and she did see her very clearly on a number of occasions. She's dressed in a late-1800's style prairie dress; high collar, poufy sleeves, the whole bit. A bit of research turned up that the nature reserve up the hill from the house used to be a burial ground.

Cave Bird is offline Member
    Sometimes we see our old greyhound Hopper, out of the corner of our eyes. He died several years ago, but he is still in the house! Sometimes I hear the sound of him walking upstairs, then jumping on my son's bed. I frequently feel someone touching the top of my head, kind of lightly picking up individual hairs...there's never a draft around when this happens. Also, my bird frequently gets really excited staring at an empty corner, acting like he sees something and wants to fly to it. He'll even chirp, like he's talking to someone...or something! I wish I knew what he was looking at.

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    No, but there was some kind of monster living in the hallway between our kitchen and the bedroom area growing up. I had to jump over the linoleum or it would get me.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    A bit of a sad story. Our across the street neighbors daughter, a 9 year old girl died on Christmas day last year. Few days earlier the family of five along with another relative were t-boned by a guy driving pick up truck, who had ran a red light. It happened on an intersection in our town.
    For a while afterwards I was hearing many strange noises coming from the area immediately in front of my home. Granted, there are shrubs and possibly small animals and birds in there sometimes.

Honestly though, I do believe in soul and spirit and all that, but not necessarily in the ghosts manifesting themselves the way we've known/heard/read from folklore.
    Last edited by Graycat; 07-26-2013 at 12:55 PM.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    The ghost of my late mother in law used to haunt me for a while, but after paying $ 200 to a local witch doctor here, he helped to get permanently rid of it! A very scary and annoying ghost...
    Whoever fights trolls should see to it that in the process he does not become a troll - for when you gaze long enough into the computer screen, the computer screen will gaze back into you!
    - Gorbag Nietzsche

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    I've never seen a ghost. I've had that creepy feeling of being watched and whatnot, but no sightings.

I have however seen a UFO...
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Sol blackcat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    The ghost of my late mother in law used to haunt me for a while, but after paying $ 200 to a local witch doctor here, he helped to get permanently rid of it! A very scary and annoying ghost...
    Only $200, bargain.
    FTM. I'm not biased, I hope everybody beats the mags!

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've seen a ghost, as a kid. My best friend in elementary school lived in a large house near where a few abandoned mine hole / mine shafts were from back in the mining days. Tells a story of how she & her little sis were making sandwiches and left the cutting board for a minute to go in the living room; came back and this woman was hovering near the cutting board. They ran out and when they got the neighbor, they all watched her float away over the house.

So when I stayed the weekend w/ them once I was a little worried but wasn't sure if I believed them. Went downstairs one night and found the family rocking chair clicking away, rocking w/ no one in it and the adjacent baby crib rocking too. (they had a newborn in the house). I said "you leave me alone & I'll leave you be" and I went to the bathroom. And it kept rocking and I went to bed.

What on earth my 3 grade brain thought I could "do" to a ghost, I'll never understand!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast