Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Friday horror. Have you ever seen a ghost? page 2

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    marking my spot i like threads like this
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I don't believe in ghosts.

But one night, due to some travel snafus I ended up staying by myself in a dumpy old hotel. At 3 am, I woke up to the sight of a man standing at the end of my bed dressed entirely in black wearing white cloth gloves. He was smoking a cigarette. I sat bolt upright in the bed and turned on the light - complete adrenaline and panic. But he was gone. At first I thought it was just a bad dream, but then I realized there was still cigarette smoke in my room.

Freaked me out so much that I checked out of the hotel right then, called my dad who was about 1.5 hours away by car and sat on the curb in the dark until he came an got me.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Sol blackcat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post

But one night, due to some travel snafus I ended up staying by myself in a dumpy old hotel. At 3 am, I woke up to the sight of a man standing at the end of my bed dressed entirely in black wearing white cloth gloves. He was smoking a cigarette. I sat bolt upright in the bed and turned on the light - complete adrenaline and panic. But he was gone. At first I thought it was just a bad dream, but then I realized there was still cigarette smoke in my room.

Freaked me out so much that I checked out of the hotel right then, called my dad who was about 1.5 hours away by car and sat on the curb in the dark until he came an got me.

You had a horrendous night with a ghost, but you don't believe in ghosts? That's creepy.............BOO!
    FTM. I'm not biased, I hope everybody beats the mags!

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post

But one night, due to some travel snafus I ended up staying by myself in a dumpy old hotel. At 3 am, I woke up to the sight of a man standing at the end of my bed dressed entirely in black wearing white cloth gloves. He was smoking a cigarette. I sat bolt upright in the bed and turned on the light - complete adrenaline and panic. But he was gone. At first I thought it was just a bad dream, but then I realized there was still cigarette smoke.
    Hey jammies, have you ever heard of sleep paralysis? It's real. Ghosts - not so much.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I grew up in a house that had a ghost. We saw him frequently, and even got a photo of him once. My parents still have it somewhere.

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Several times. I've lived in 3 separate places that were haunted. I appear to be sensitive to ghosts (I can see them and hear them) but they scare the heck out of me and so one of the high points of where I live now is that it is blessedly ghost free.

First ghost encounters: The house I grew up in. The ghost: My father. He died when I was 8. I saw him only once, but I wasn't the only one. He saved our house from burning down when a clothes dryer malfunctioned by opening the dryer door (no one witnessed it, but it occurred while were all out of the house). My step-dad felt my dad "sit" on him one time when he was in bed, and the feeling persisted until my step-dad said, "Will you get off?" My step-dad got up one morning and none of the light switches would work (although we had power) and I walked past him and hit a switch he had just tried and the light turned on for me, but not for him. Stuff like that.

Second encounters: I moved to an apartment complex that had a ghost. It wasn't always present, but I had and encounter with it where I heard our front door open and close, then footsteps come down the hall and stop outside my bedroom door. Certain it was my roommate, I said, "Come on in!" Nothing happened. I opened the door, and there was no one there. The ghost was suspected to be that of a man who had drowned in the hot tub in the health club- which happened to be on the other side of the wall from me. Things also often moved around in the apartment.

Third encounters: This one was probably the strangest one. I had moved in with a boyfriend into a basement apartment in an old house that had been converted into a triplex. I often had a feeling there was "something" there- oddly only feeling it in the bedroom- and one day had it confirmed. I awoke to my name being urgently said and "you're late for work!" Oddly, it was mispronouncing my name. My name is Dena, it was saying "Dana". I told my boyfriend, and he scoffed at me, because he didn't believe in ghosts. I found this particular ghost to have a positive vibe, and wasn't afraid of it. One day my boyfriend got very angry with me one night and nearly killed me - he damaged my neck so badly that my chiropractor begged me to press charges and said he would testify to the damage to my neck in court. I moved out. My now ex-boyfriend called me to tell me he was moving also because the presence in the apartment had become so malevolent to him that he could not go into the bedroom any more. He had been sleeping on the couch. The guy who didn't believe in ghosts had now decided he was so afraid of one that he was moving.

My final story happened in a place where I worked. The rumor had been for years that there was a ghost there of a man who had been killed on the job. I'd been there several years and had never seen, felt or heard anything and didn't think much about it. Well my employer decided they wanted to have extended coverage so they moved my shift so that instead of leaving at 5pm when everyone else did, I left at 5:30pm. This meant I was alone in the building. It never bothered me. Sometimes I would see what looked like a door move out of the corner of my eye but I always wrote it off as my imagination. However, one day I had absolute proof. I had locked up and was leaving- I was in my car, backing out of the parking lot when I looked back to one of the offices. The ghost was in the window, watching me leave. It was definitely a ghost, not a person. My headlights didn't illuminate it like it would a person.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Here's my story:

I live in a lovely but impoverished area of mid-coast Maine, a place with a long history for these shores. The hospital where I work 12-hour night shifts has been developed piecemeal over the last 50 years, with parts of the hospital dating back to those days, and virtually all of the building now used for a different purpose than originally designed.

During the day, the hospital is a busy place, hundreds of people coming and going, many visitors, day patients, business meetings, etc. At night the population drops dramatically, just the patients and the staff that cares for them as well as the usually busy Emergency Department.

One night I had to take some filing into the Outpatient Surgery department. This area is down a hallway that is virtually deserted at night. During the day it is filled with patients having routine, relatively simple procedures. They are prepped in this area, and after the procedure they spend a short time recovering here and then go home. At one time this area was a regular hospital ward, with patients lined up in beds around the wall as used to be common but is unheard of these days.

I frequently went there at night to do a bit of filing. It was always dark and deserted, and I easily did the filing just using the emergency lights. But this night when I walked in, I saw a patient in a bed - not sleeping or resting, but thrashing around. I was astounded, not just to find someone there, but apparently alone. I approached the bed, calling for help - I don't remember exactly what I said, but something like, "I need some help here! What is going on?" As I reached the bed I looked away, hoping to see a nurse or aide, and when I looked back...the bed was empty. Empty and made up for the next day, just as it should be.

I stood there for some time, my mind just blank. What had I seen? Had I imagined it? Some kind of prank? Eventually I filed the papers and went back to my duties.

This being Maine, ghost stories are considered fairly normal. The next morning when my co-workers came in and I when I gave report, I included the incident in the night. They listened with a level of attention that I rarely received while passing on the usual mundane facts. One of my co-workers has worked at that hospital for nearly 30 years. After I finished the story, she told me that area had been a general ward for some years, and then had been an ICU in the very early days when that department was being developed, before it moved to the new and more modern wing.

I'm really not sure what I experienced - a memory, an hallucination, some kind of weird image from the past? Or as Dickens might have said, a bit of undigested potato?
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Dave RN is offline Senior Member
    Yup. Lived in a house that had "issues"60's back in the late . I heard footsteps up and down the hall, and on many occasions heard and saw one of the backdoor doorknobs shaking in the darkness. Used to scare the crap out of me.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Hey jammies, have you ever heard of sleep paralysis? It's real. Ghosts - not so much.
    Hey - I do get that sometimes when I have nightmares! I had no idea it was a real thing. I wake up and absolutely cannot move for a few seconds. As soon as I get the ability to move I turn on the light and sit up in bed. I hate that feeling. Fortunately it doesn't happen all that often.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Good call.

Yes I was thinking the exact same thing.

Sleep paralysis hallucination is real stuff the happens to some people, sometimes during going to sleep or waking up - images can seem very real - even false awakening where you think you woke up but you dreamed that bit too ( eg saw the smoke in the room ).

It explains reported night images that seem more real than real life at the time : ghosts , 'shadow people', evil beings visiting, alien abductions, out of body experiences , near death experiences, astral travel etc etc.

I experience them too occasionally when I'm sleep deprived or hadn't been sleeping well , but understanding it can turn what would be a very scary experience in to an exciting/fantastic vivid dream.

Yes they are just vivid dreams/hallucinations.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast