Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sense of smell page

julie Guest

Has anyone noticed their sense of smell improving? I hadn't until yesterday at the grocery store.

My daughter(also primal) and I began to notice how we could actually smell the fruit and vegtables a lot more than usual. She said "I can even smell those" and pointed at the otter pops(kool-aid in long plastic tubes that you freeze and eat...mostly for kids). She was right! The sugar/sweet/chemical smell.

Then as we went all over the store we could smell all the different smells...not just foods but everything.

I know Grok must of had a good sense of smell but it was strange to experience this for oneself. And I'm sure Grok's sense was a lot stronger.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Yesterday morning as I was driving my husband to the flight line, I suddenly turned to him and asked, "Do you smell onions?"

Then the smell quickly passed... he couldn't smell it, but he did point out that at that moment we were passing by the galley. My guess is they were prepping the onions for the day (it was morning).

Through a building's walls and my car (the AC vents from the outside though. hehe) I could smell the onions.

And at my party yesterday I set out cheez-its and goldfish crackers for the non-primals... they smelled incredibly rancid to me. Gross.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

julie Guest

YES..I've noticed a lot of processed stuff I used to love have an off smell to them and if I try a tiny bite, I spit it right out.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Yeah, I popped one of them in my mouth and was like... "holy crap, this stuff is nasty." BLAH! I guess I was curious because I used to love them so much.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Kimelah is offline Senior Member
    *bump*

I just need to say this: I never realized just how much the world smells! Before it used to be just hints of smells, ie: shampoo, hand soap, laundry detergent, fabric softener, cigarette, car exhaust, garbage. Now it's simply overwhelming! I asked my 19yo daughter just what, exactly, was she using in the shower, and she replied the same thing she's used for over a year now. But I could SMELL it so strongly, even one floor down. Now I smell the laundry detergent used by my boss (I work in her home and do her laundry, among other personal things) and now I'm wondering if there's anything I can do/use to curtail the strength of it.
    Just today, my son washed his hands upstairs, then came downstairs, and suddenly all I could smell was the handsoap. Thing is, the kind of soap I bought was what, I thought, a "good" organic soap, but the perfume is now nauseating.

I'm considering buying face masks for when I go out now.

...I wonder what the world used to smell like...?

PrimalClay is offline Senior Member
    I always describe it to people in this way : Going Primal takes the raincoat of sugar and artifical flavors off of your tounge and nose. You are then able to smell and taste like never before.

Seems to be as close as I could get to explaining it.

Kimelah is offline Senior Member
    You never realize just how bad/deep you are until you're better. This newfound keen sense of smell of mine is definitely letting me know I'm getting better.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Not only a better sense of smell, but being able to breathe out of both nostrils at the same time!

tapper47 is offline Senior Member
    I have always had an extremely good sense of smell and taste though the smell of sugar is now stronger. Smoking, gaining weight, changing to Primal, nothing changes for me.

I can smell stuff that no one else smells. Sometimes it makes me nutz!

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Not just smell. I can see farther, hear better, pick out the different ingredients in foods and balance better. Oh, and I can fly. Not really, but the other stuff is true.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast