Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Quality coffee for Keurig page 3

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi folks, is the French Press comparable with Turkish coffee pot? I want to go to roasting and grinding beans myself, and never really did it. Everyone used turkish pot when I was little, but it seems to be extinct here in Canada. I can order through Internet, but if French Press is Okay, I would rather get something that is sold in every store.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Primal_BK is offline Senior Member
    French press requires a coarser grind than Turkish. Turkish coffee is about as fine as espresso grinds. The fine grinds will clog the French presses metal filter. French press coffee isn't as thick as the Turkish coffee but just as strong since it has to steep.

Find a company that you like, buy the beans whole and get yourself an electric grinder. Then you can make whatever coffee you like!

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I have two grinders, lol. One for bitter spices, another for sweet spices.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    They have refillable filters for the keurig. I've seen them at Target/Walmart for about $15. You put your favorite coffee in them, put them in the machine, run it as normal, clean it and reuse. Then you can use any coffee you like. It takes a few seconds longer than just popping in a premade package thingie I suppose but shouldn't slow you down much and will allow you to choose any coffee you like

On Amazon - less than $10 Amazon.com: Keurig My K-Cup Reusable Coffee Filter: Home & Kitchen
    +1... its what I use when I'm not using my mocha pot. I get fresh local roasted beans and grind daily at home. I'm a coffee snob, but not hardcore enough to roast my own...

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    The Black Tiger and Italian Roasts K-cups I've mentioned in my opinion are vastly superior than the coffee you get from a Dunkin' Donuts or a Wawa. They are really fantastic.
    Will keep in mind if I want to try Keurigs, thanks. I definteily am not interested in the ones they order at my office!

I guess I should say I'm more of a brew snob. How does it make a "quality" cup of coffee in less than 30 seconds? Seems to be more of a pressure cooker type of deal.

And thanks to Neckhammer I know what the proper name of my espresso maker is called. I just prefer a thicker, more heavy-bodied taste instead of drip.

seashells is offline Senior Member
    I have a nice Breville Keurig machine I got as a housewarming present- it's lasted almost four years now, which I understand is three years longer than the small black versions. And I love it. We don't drink a lot of coffee, hubs and I, but a cup in the morning is a nice ritual for us. In bed, or up by the pond on our land. We have tried different brands but we always get a regular shipment of Coffee People's Donut Shop. And we have Starbucks Sumatra on hand for a friend who likes a dark roast when he comes to visit. It's good too. And always heavy cream.

I'm not overly fond of the system for the waste and additives, but we're pretty clean the rest of the time. But a pot of coffee would be wasted on us. And on the weekend one of us usually breaks out the french press. Except I'm the only one who cleans it.

jilly is offline Senior Member
    My Keurig is a life saver! Used to brew big pots that would go to waste. I would love to brag about my favorite brand that I use, but unfortunately its native to Texas. We have HEB grocery stores here and the husband and I love a store brand they sell for the Keurig. I wish I could ship you some! lol its delicious. But a few others have mentioned Starbucks varieties and you really can't go wrong with those. Also, there's a brand I love but I can't recall the name, I think it might be San Francisco Bay? The type I get is called Rain Forest Blend. Delish. You really just gotta try several kinds and see what you like

lea
    lea is offline Senior Member
    Hey! I'm in Texas right now wonder if I could find that brand - although I'm thinking I want a refillable for when my current stuff runs out. Thanks for the suggestions!!!

I bought truly French roast this time but I'm not all that fond. Ill gave to remember to try Italian roast if I don't get the refillable.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123