Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quality coffee for Keurig page 2

PandaRose is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by loafingcactus View Post
    Keurig is a disaster. It is so easy to make a pure product that doesn't generate plastic trash with every serving and for all that costs less too... I do not understand why a product that gives you a worse product for more money and is counter to the values of many consumers is a commercial success. That's not high and mighty, that is a considered opinion / statement of the blatently obvious.

The high and mighty part is that if I walk into your house and see one, I do think less of you.
    It was your delivery to my simple question that was distasteful. I got the machine as a present and wanted to know if there was a pure product to put in it. Rather than share your insight and information with me, I had to deduce that it wasn't a good piece of equipment through your condescending comment.

canio6 Guest
    They have refillable filters for the keurig. I've seen them at Target/Walmart for about $15. You put your favorite coffee in them, put them in the machine, run it as normal, clean it and reuse. Then you can use any coffee you like. It takes a few seconds longer than just popping in a premade package thingie I suppose but shouldn't slow you down much and will allow you to choose any coffee you like

On Amazon - less than $10 http://www.amazon.com/Keurig-K-Cup-R...eurig+my+k+cup

PandaRose is offline Member
    Exciting! Thank you!

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PandaRose View Post
    Exciting! Thank you!
    You're welcome. I've never used one (or a keurig at all) but people seem to like them. Good luck!

snoops is offline Senior Member
    My husband uses the reusable filter and buys fresh roasted(in front of him) beans at a shop that sells mostly Keurig inserts. They sell raw 100% Kona beans that you can have roasted however you like for $38 pound. I bought him that and he's almost out of the last pound he bought(Ethiopian) so I am excited to hear if the Kona lives up to its reputation!!

lemontwisst is offline Senior Member
    For a decent cup, don't get the Keurig brand refillable filter cup, get a Solofill brand one instead - under $20 at Bed Bath & Beyond. It makes a far better cup than any of the single use pods or the Keurig filter cup, even if you're not using the highest quality coffee.

Paleo0731 is offline Senior Member
    I like grinding my own beans, even if I just want one cup. It's cheaper and I love the smell of fresh ground coffee beans. Bulletproof Executive has Keurig cups now. They are expensive though.

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    I've always been curious as to the "quality" of brewing from those Keurigs. We have one at work but I'm not a fan of drip coffee; but I'd probably go the refillable cup route and use my own beans if I did.

I stick with my not-so-convenient method of stovetop espresso prepped the night before.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by loafingcactus View Post
    Keurig is a disaster. It is so easy to make a pure product that doesn't generate plastic trash with every serving and for all that costs less too... I do not understand why a product that gives you a worse product for more money and is counter to the values of many consumers is a commercial success. That's not high and mighty, that is a considered opinion / statement of the blatently obvious.

The high and mighty part is that if I walk into your house and see one, I do think less of you.
    What are you talking about? You're complaining that it uses a tiny plastic cup? So are people who use coffee filters evil, too?

Amazon.com: Keurig My K-Cup Replacement Coffee Filter Set fits B30 B40 B50 B60 B70 series: Kitchen & Dining

Spend $5 on a reusable K-cup, fill it with your own grinds and move on. Look at that, you don't even need a coffee filter, and you can use any coffee on the face of the Earth.

If you want a premade K-cup, Black Tiger by Coffee People and Italian Roast by Tully's are both excellent.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivanthe View Post
    I've always been curious as to the "quality" of brewing from those Keurigs. We have one at work but I'm not a fan of drip coffee; but I'd probably go the refillable cup route and use my own beans if I did.

I stick with my not-so-convenient method of stovetop espresso prepped the night before.
    The Black Tiger and Italian Roasts K-cups I've mentioned in my opinion are vastly superior than the coffee you get from a Dunkin' Donuts or a Wawa. They are really fantastic.

http://www.amazon.com/Coffee-People-...k+tiger+coffee

http://www.amazon.com/Tullys-Italian...n+roast+k-cups
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast