Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Meals in under 5 mins page

samuelf is offline Junior Member

Meals in under 5 mins

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The one 'issue' I have with eating a much healthier diet is the time it takes cooking in the evening. I'm just wrecked after a days work and just want to cut straight to the eating bit. Like cooking but not after work.

So what are your best quick meals? I'll start with a very lame one that involves no cooking but is very tasty. 300ml coconut milk, 25-50g 85% chocolate and some berries mixed through. Optional topping of hazelnuts. Have this most evenings and its so handy to throw into a bowl.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Leftovers. With a salad or steamed veggies if needed.

A meal doesn't have to take a long time every time. Nor do you need to make something different every day. The key is planning and advance prep. I have my own '3 day rule' for leftovers (if its not frozen for later, or consumed within 3 days, toss it) Cook large batches on the weekends or become friends with your crock pot or slow cooker.

If you've got a few more minutes, Nom Nom Paleo's emergency protein (aka Garbage Stir Fry) is awesome.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Leida is offline Senior Member
    steam shrimps or filets of haddock while making fresh salsa/pico de galla
    mush banana or two, throw in cocoa nibs and salt
    throw half of a frozen banana (have tons in the fridge), berries or rhubarb into MB, top with egg white and cinnamon. Smoothie
    throw cucumber, celery, herbs, chili pepper, lime slice and tomato paste into Magic Bullet. Gazpacho.
    dry rub and brown roast, chop onions, throw a bunch of frozen chop-offs from other veggies, pour coffee over, turn on slow cooker before going to work. Come home to roast. Next day skim fat, puree the remaining cook liquids and veggies, add chopped roast and spinach. Heat up. Soup.
    throw sweet potato on the 'cook time' oven in the morning. Come home, puree with egg whites, microwave. Souffle.
    pork chops or steaks: 7 min or less per side under broiler while chopping or grating salad. Or grating pre-boiled beets with home-made mayo, walnuts, garlic and spinach

And, yeah, stir-fry anything.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Jennifla is offline Senior Member
    My current fave is cold, spicy kimchi with canned mackerel. Alternatively, if I can wait 15 minutes, I will eat 12 oz bacon by itself in a sitting. Otherwise, it's leftovers.
    As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again.

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    I just made myself a very fast lunch I love. Saute and season a veal escalope in butter, throw in a bit of brandy and flambe, put veal on plate, throw some white wine into the crusty pan on high heat and cook until little left, then put in some coconut milk which makes the most delicious sauce. Ideally add mushrooms, but I didn't have any. I had some left over mashed parsnip which sucked up the sauce beautifully. If I didn't have any leftovers, I would have just mixed berries with coconut cream for afters

I also fry up minced beef, with fresh diced tomatoes and maybe other things like peppers, and some form of spice like a chili mix or taco mix. I am not doing garlic and onions due to fodmaps right now, but usually I would have done that too. Eat as is
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    1) Open can of sardines.
    2) Consume.
    3) Repeat steps 1 & 2 as much as necessary.

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    That doesn't sound like a meal to me. I highly suggest using a slow cooker/crockpot. Throw the meal together the night before or morning of, leave to cook all day, eat when you return home.

picklepete is online now Senior Member
    I often cook meats and starches on Sunday night, or put meat in the slow cooker on Monday morning. When I return home at dinner time I'll sauté some vegetables (3-5 min maximum) and/or reheat soup, serve up sauerkraut, etc. More planning, less labor.
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Leida is offline Senior Member
    1) Open can of sardines.
    2) Consume.
    3) Repeat steps 1 & 2 as much as necessary.
    My upscale version of this recipe is to top it with sprouts or spinach, arugula etc. It does take a lot longer, a good minute or so, at least.

Also, from the same category are olives and pre-boiled eggs.
    soft-boiled eggs with cubed cheese and tomato are pretty good to. Or simply fried....
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

OldSchhool is online now Senior Member
    Had a quick snack yesterday of shrimp and an avocado mixed up with some chipotle hot sauce,......very tasty !

If you are okay with Dairy then some Greek yogurt, Chocolate protein powder and some frozen Blueberries all mixed together is an awesome tasting treat !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast