Thread: Best method for breaking your post workout fast. page

PaleoBinghamton is offline Junior Member

Best method for breaking your post workout fast.

Primal Fuel
    I have been intermittent fasting twice weekly and doing a High Intensity / Body By Science workout in that 24th hour fasted. Research shows that your Growth Hormone level is 2000% higher due to the fasting. I am actually starting my fast assimilating whey protein 10 minutes before my workout, so that the protein is available when I'm finished. Is there any danger of my Growth Hormone levels plummeting within that 20 minutes?

Ryancarter1986 is offline Senior Member
    I think u should wait till after your workout to maximum those benefits fully.
    I know it takes a whole till get in your system but its in their and your body will be working on the breakdown rather than focusing on workout.

Just my opinion

London UK

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoBinghamton View Post
    I have been intermittent fasting twice weekly and doing a High Intensity / Body By Science workout in that 24th hour fasted. Research shows that your Growth Hormone level is 2000% higher due to the fasting. I am actually starting my fast assimilating whey protein 10 minutes before my workout, so that the protein is available when I'm finished. Is there any danger of my Growth Hormone levels plummeting within that 20 minutes?
    You're over thinking something that will probably make little difference in the grand scheme of things. Just lift weights and eat good, stop worrying about useless minutiae.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I usually wait about five hours after my workout to break my fast and I'm not too concerned. No whey or BCAA's pre either. Pklopp got pretty good results with this...

pklopp | Cogito Ergo Edo