Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Primal Egg Coffee page 3

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Just made the one where you use only egg yolks. Loved it! No mucking about with a blender, half a teaspoon of sugar and a pinch of salt made it perfect.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Just did a BP variation. One TBS MTC oil, one TBS Ghee, two egg yolks and a pinch of sea salt in the blender. Oh my. Definitely not an every day coffee for me, but what a lovely treat on the weekends. So frothy and creamy. Reminds me of the Tom and Jerrys my parents made for the holidays.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Zen11 is offline Member
    I made the whole egg primal coffee this morning, and man is that filling! It's been 5 hours and I still feel stuffed. I didn't use a blender, just whipped the eggs with a fork before adding the coffee, so it didn't get frothy but it was still good.

Rattybag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen11 View Post
    I made the whole egg primal coffee this morning, and man is that filling!
    I lasted from 8am until 4pm before I felt I needed to eat something. Just from the addition of an egg yolk!
    Have to admit I did feel a bit queasy for a while after having it, but Im sure this is something that will go in time.
    I'll stick to the one yolk for now until I lose the nausea, then up it to two.
    I'm not a complete idiot! There's parts missing!!

Cyborcat is offline Senior Member
    Hmm, since some of you have had success without using a blender, I just might have to try this--I'll probably try it first in the evening on a weekend, tho, as a way to test it. Don't wanna waste my morning coffee on something I end up not liking.

I usually drink coffee when I first wake up, then I'll have a helping of scrambled eggs for breakfast once I get to work. It used to be fine, since it takes awhile for me to get hungry and I can usually make it to work with no problem before hunger kicked in. But lately, I am absolutely starving by the time I get to work, so if I can get my coffee to be more filling and hold me over a little longer (without using a blender, hence why I haven't tried the bullet-proof method), I'd be all for that.

I presume that adding the coffee slowly while stirring/whisking will help to avoid the eggs cooking? Or is it not a problem because the coffee isn't hot enough to do that? Coffee is good with scrambled eggs, but scrambled eggs IN my coffee doesn't sound very appetizing XD
    My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
    (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
    Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
    (Red Dwarf)

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyborcat View Post
    I presume that adding the coffee slowly while stirring/whisking will help to avoid the eggs cooking? Or is it not a problem because the coffee isn't hot enough to do that? Coffee is good with scrambled eggs, but scrambled eggs IN my coffee doesn't sound very appetizing XD
    Yup. I got a little gloopy residue at the bottom of mine, but I'm impatient and have a cast-iron stomach - if you feel queasy easy make sure you go slow

miata is online now Senior Member
    Perfect timing.

I've been doing bulletproof coffee with three soft boiled eggs for a couple of months now. I don't feel comfortable with uncooked egg whites, so this morning I dropped the yolks into my coffee and cooked a white egg omelet with the egg whites, butter, salt and pepper. Simple and delicious. The coffee was even richer than usual. I blend aeropress brewed coffee, 2 tablespoons clarified KerryGold butter, 2 tablespoons coconut oil and a teaspoon of cocoa powder.

fitmom is offline Senior Member
    Hmmm. Strong coffee, egg, butter, a little sugar, a little salt....add chocolate and you pretty much have Julia Childs' chocolate mousse. Don't forget to add liqueur or rum, too!

Hotmail is online now Senior Member
    Last year I used to make this like iced coffee, also added protein powder, so in the blender I put ice, scoop of protein powder, one or two whole eggs, some kind of milk or cream, and decaf or regular coffee (you can also add peanut/Almond butter if you like), whizzed it and had a lovely iced coffee.

The only problem the raw eggs upset my stomach a couple of times, so I stopped doing it.

Cyborcat is offline Senior Member
    Okay, ended up trying this today instead. I didn't sleep well last night and woke up a full half-hour earlier than usual, so I felt like I could use some extra-strength coffee this morning.

Just added my cream, truvia and sugar to the cup as usual, then cracked the egg in there, and beat it with a fork as best I could, then I added the coffee in three parts, beating between each--I couldn't get it to mix perfectly, and will probably end up with "gloop" at the bottom like chronyx did, but oh well. Wonder if the egg should be room temperature?

It really didn't effect the taste at all, which is good--just gives it a thicker consistency, which is kind of nice. Only thing I don't like is that all that stirring causes the coffee to cool off too quickly, so I'm wishing I'd microwaved it a bit afterwards, but oh well. I use a coffee warmer and was hoping that'd help, but it isn't.

EDIT - Finished it off and happy to report no gloop. Not sure why, since I kept finding strings hanging off the fork while stirring it, but maybe it eventually melted?
    Last edited by Cyborcat; 07-26-2013 at 04:49 AM.
    My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
    (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
    Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
    (Red Dwarf)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast