Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A little wine here, a little vodka there... page

ChaserBD04 is offline Senior Member

A little wine here, a little vodka there...

Primal Fuel
    I have a beach wedding to go to in about two months and I am sitting at around 25% body fat right now (female, 29), give or take. I definitely have the side abs and top two starting to show, and that has been with some pretty consistent Crossfit training and other moderately active lifestyle type of stuff. My diet hasn't been dialed down the past few months with a lot of weekend binges and eating at summer cookouts and whatnot. Anyway, I'm dialed in now dietwise with the exception of alcohol. I LOVE beer and have cut that out completely, basically cut out wine as well, but I'm not going to lie, I enjoy having a drink at night, or a couple of drinks on the weekend. I'm not REALLY wanting to give that up, but still wanting to be pretty lean by the end of September. So I've been having a vodka soda when I want something to drink. Has anyone on here been trying to "finish" leaning out while still consuming alcohol? Just curious of personal anecdotes.

TL;DR: Trying to lose a few more %'s bodyfat with diet dialed in, except having a drink or two fairly consistently. (I'm 29, trying to enjoy life to the fullest after all...)
    ~All luck is earned in the end.~

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Hard liquor is fine to drink for me. I used to have a shot of gin/tequila nightly and it didn't affect my weight on the least. Go for it if you enjoy drinking.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    I would suppose to avoid grain alcohol, but these days it's very filtered so it might not matter.

I too used to be a beerman (and Absinthe man...) but I gave it all up about a year ago now. Unfortunately, my experience with liqour is fairly limited.

You could try mead, that's pretty awesome.

M.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I think the final few pounds is where calories come in to play more than any other time. Also what you associate with that drink.

Clear 80 proof spirits have 65 cal per liquid oz. So, how stiff you make that drink is what's going to matter. However, if you associate that drink with a two oz serving of cashews, your one drink may make a difference between okay weight and rockin' weight.

OTOH, almost all the homeless drunks I see look like skeletons wrapped in skin, so it may be an individual thing.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I've found drinking at all makes it hard to lose weight. It's either excess calories, or it displaces more nourishing food in a calorie restricted menu. And then it gives me the munchies.

Yum, cashews! I love super colossal raw cashews. I could eat a few ounces of them while drinking vodka. Like 4 ounces.

Stacy15 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaserBD04 View Post
    I have a beach wedding to go to in about two months and I am sitting at around 25% body fat right now (female, 29), give or take. I definitely have the side abs and top two starting to show, and that has been with some pretty consistent Crossfit training and other moderately active lifestyle type of stuff. My diet hasn't been dialed down the past few months with a lot of weekend binges and eating at summer cookouts and whatnot. Anyway, I'm dialed in now dietwise with the exception of alcohol. I LOVE beer and have cut that out completely, basically cut out wine as well, but I'm not going to lie, I enjoy having a drink at night, or a couple of drinks on the weekend. I'm not REALLY wanting to give that up, but still wanting to be pretty lean by the end of September. So I've been having a vodka soda when I want something to drink. Has anyone on here been trying to "finish" leaning out while still consuming alcohol? Just curious of personal anecdotes.

TL;DR: Trying to lose a few more %'s bodyfat with diet dialed in, except having a drink or two fairly consistently. (I'm 29, trying to enjoy life to the fullest after all...)
    I have no idea on the "finish" leaning out part since I'm not there yet, but I have managed to keep going down in weight while having alcohol a few days a week. Sometimes on the weekends, way more than I should I noticed right away I couldn't lose if it was beer I drank. If I stick to vodka or whiskey mixed with club soda or water I have no problems.

what about losing weight and 1-2 glasses of red wine per day?

freerangepiglings is offline Senior Member
    Don't know about weight as I don't weigh, but I have been effortlessly dropping dress-sizes whilst drinking wine (sometimes more than I ought!) 4-5 times a week. Feeling tonnes better too. I am peobably heading into vanity LBs territory now so we'll see how it continues from here!

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaserBD04 View Post
    . Has anyone on here been trying to "finish" leaning out while still consuming alcohol? Just curious of personal anecdotes.
    Yes, having a few drinks at night is nice and makes dieting much more fun! On a diet I use to drink around one bottle of hard liquor every week, Whiskey or Rum... And when not dieting I drink the same but then comes beer and wine in addition! I have no problems of leaning out on Whiskey/Rum, but I drink it on the rocks or stick to Coke Zero and lime juice if making cocktails...
    Whoever fights trolls should see to it that in the process he does not become a troll - for when you gaze long enough into the computer screen, the computer screen will gaze back into you!
    - Gorbag Nietzsche

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I know a body builder who is always lean and he drinks vodka and clubsoda. If he drinks beer, he bitches about getting fat.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast