Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Jac's back - the next 10 years page 5

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Scary experience Jac. So good to have helpful doctor and understanding husband. HEre's to the next stage of healing x

Emofedom is offline Senior Member
    Your Dr does get it! Your so freaking lucky. Good luck. Hope by October you see the difference your looking for.

Em
    "Adapt and Overcome"

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    I was really excited to hear a sensible explanation about why ketosis didn't work for me - and calorie restriction as well as the other things I've tried over the years lol. It was incredibly validating. Also, I think it's been helpful to understand that I've been doing everything right but just not all at once, and not 'enough'. The concentrated vitamins and minerals as well as diet have made a difference.

I slept almost 11 hours last night. I'm a bit groggy this morning, but coming right. Thankfully Tony and I are laughing together again.

The detox supplement is horrible . They all seem to be!! The major ingredients are turmeric, cumin and spirolina - kudos to Mark for already educating me about the spices!! I'm going to get some apple juice tonight, and see if that helps the taste. I had it in orange juice yesterday, but the flavours clashed. Water this morning was a bit better, but 2 hours later I'm still a bit nauseated. Anyway, worst case scenario is that I choke it down - it's only a 14 day course, and I've done the first 2.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

elocin is offline Junior Member
    Hi Jac,

I'm usually a lurker but I had to post when I read your recent posts. I'm so in the same boat. I've been so frustrated and overwhelmed dealing with adrenal fatigue, leaky gut and not being able to lose weight. I thought just cutting out gluten would fix my gut but now I'm on a repair program of supplements so I'm hoping once that gets better, my body will be willing to get rid of some fat. I keep my carbs so low but ketosis just doesn't work! I'm going to start a journal here to get more consistent. I'll keep checking on your progress.

-Nicole

Jac
    Hi Nicole - nice to hear from you! I was pretty disheartened and overwhelmed, too - but I hadn't realised just how many problems I was facing. I kept thinking it was only about having IBS and being fat, and kind of thought I could 'will' my way out of it by restricting my food. I'm so glad to have found help, and wish I'd done it years ago (although on reflection, I did try and get help but integrative medicine wasn't available and CW didn't recognise any of the issues).

I slept really well again last night, and have managed a stressful workload so that I only focus on one thing at a time. That's progress .

The apple juice with the detox powder wasn't actually any better than the water - just more expensive and with the knowledge that fruit juice is a rare treat and the powder ruins it! So it's water for the next few weeks. Sadly I re-read the dosage instructions, and it's a 14 day supply at 2x/day. I'm only taking it once, so I still have 25 days to go.

I'm seeing messages all around me about spending time in the bush. It's bucketing with rain (again) today, but maybe this weekend I'll do something about that. This is the view from our front yard - it's not like I'd have very far to go!

DSCF8511.jpg
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Great view, that looks like a steep climb though!

Jac
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Great view, that looks like a steep climb though!
    Yeah, we haven't done the summit. A friend went over it, though, to scope it out for a Scouts expedition - said he had to go the last section on his hands and knees he was so exhausted. Kind of put me off .
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

Jac
    Gosh it's been a week since I posted! It's been very full-on lately, and I'm focusing on taking care of myself - which includes staying off the computer when there are other things to do! Last weekend we went to an allergy and gluten 'expo' where people presented their products and services. Most of it was just the gluten free foods, which doesn't match my grain-free lifestyle, but there was one company that makes bread from rice flours, tapioca, and potato starch. It was sooo lovely - white, soft, not grainy or tasteless. So I bought some of their rolls and had 3 for lunch. Can you see the mistake right there?? Too much of a good thing, overloading my system with carbs it's not used to, and I forgot to take the digestive enzymes as well. I started to bloat pretty quickly . . . but I didn't learn from that. The next night I had another 2 rolls. Yep, I have a carb issue lol. Well, not all carbs or even all starches (I never overeat starchy veges, bananas, apples etc - but do on pineapple, watermelon and strawberries).

To make it worse, I'd been experimenting with having dairy. I was still using lactaid (I can't let go of a diagnosis I've had for almost 30 years!). I'd found some lovely thick live yoghurt without lots of other nasties in it, and although I seemed to be digesting it fairly well, I was just feeling uneasy in the stomach. So add the uneasiness to the rolls and I've had a few days of feeling a bit off. Not too bad though, and very minimal pain.

So I'm back off those items and feeling better for it.

The other focus I've had is around tiredness. Sometimes I just can't do anything about it, but whenever I get the chance I'm resting/destressing/going to bed early. I'm not seeing much difference in my energy levels yet, I don't think - if I have improved it's too subtle to really notice. It's still early days, though.

I've started blending the tropical detox powder with the vanilla protein shake - tastes weird, but once I have a couple of eggs, some coconut cream and blueberries in there it's actually palatable. Still looking forward to finishing it!!

I can't remember if I posted that the doc thinks I'll be able to get down to 70kg with very little hassle once I'm healing and everything is working. He also said it'll be quite a fast process on ketosis. I think about that all the time. I so want to believe it, but I can't. That would be a loss of about 25kg - probably about 5 dress sizes. I'd love, love, love to believe him. And in the end it doesn't make a blind bit of difference whether I believe him or not. I'll follow the programme he sets out. But I can't stop thinking about it . . . . . . . . .
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wouldn't that be luverly. I see no harm in thinking about how nice it will be to have your body healing, working well and shedding the excess weight as you go. It's another great reason to keep with the programme. Go, you.

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast