Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it ok to skip breakfast? page

blondiegreen is offline Senior Member

Is it ok to skip breakfast?

Primal Fuel
    Half the time I am not hungry in the morning, but the CW thoughts tell me that breakfast is the most important meal.
    I am trying to lose weight, but am also nursing an 8 month old.
    Normally i am awake between 6 or 7am. I will have a cup of coffee or tea and then will eat a bit by 10am, usually eggs of some sort.
    Is this ok? Or should I eat breakfast at 7am even if I'm not super hungry.
    Needing some accountability, so here's my stats:
    34yrs old, 5'5"
    CW: 163lbs (07/2014)
    GW: 135lbs or less
    Eating mainly paleo, but including a bit of white rice (don't call the Paleo Police!)

Ghshl is offline Senior Member
    I usually eat my first meal between 11am and 1pm. Sometimes sooner or later, depending on different things. I also often do workouts just before breaking the fast. It's definitely permissible, and personally it just works for me!
    Read up on intermittent fasting if you want to know more. But don't worry about skipping breakfast! :-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    yes of course, eat when hungry, don't when not.

I'm the same as Ghashul and usually eat my first meal of the day just after 1pm

fkjr2 is offline Senior Member
    I fast all day until 6pm - however for breastfeeding Mom's I'm not so sure thats a good idea - ask you doctor before long term fasts but skipping breakfast is no biggie - remember you are technically fasting all night when your asleep.

smartuko is offline Senior Member
    I rarely eat before noon. Only exception is if I go swimming in the morning.

NickBall is offline Member
    I am generally to work by 6:00 AM and eating breakfast at 5:30 AM just doesn't work for me, I'm not hungry at that time. So I usually just end up eating breakfast like you at around 10 or 11 AM. But the only thing I'm nursing is my often wounded pride .
    Primal Since September 2010
    Beginning Weight = 250lb
    Current Weight = 197lb
    Goal Weight = Whatever weight I am when I can do 30 pull ups without taking a break...

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Until the garbage "study" that hit the news this morning, almost all the research done on breakfast has not only been done on children, but has been done by the Kellogg Foundation.

When people tell me how important breakfast is, I just tell them that I do "break fast" - it's just usually not until late afternoon.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    It's perfectly fine to skip breakfast.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

Rocco Hill is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blondiegreen View Post
    Half the time I am not hungry in the morning, but the CW thoughts tell me that breakfast is the most important meal.
    I am trying to lose weight, but am also nursing an 8 month old.
    Normally i am awake between 6 or 7am. I will have a cup of coffee or tea and then will eat a bit by 10am, usually eggs of some sort.
    Is this ok? Or should I eat breakfast at 7am even if I'm not super hungry.
    You need advice from people who have actually nursed babies, not a bunch of dudes who are ignoring this pretty vital piece of information, because their/our context is wildly different to your current one.

In general, context aside, It's absolutely fine for a healthy person to not eat 'breakfast'. For people with serious issues such a hypothyroidism then it'd be generally suggested that they consume something, however small.

Yanwoo is offline Junior Member
    NO - you'll increase your chances of a heart attack! Well, according to research from Harvard School of Public Health released today...
    -> BBC News - Breakfast linked to 'healthy heart'

(Full paper: Prospective Study of Breakfast Eating and Incident Coronary Heart Disease in a Cohort of Male US Health Professionals)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast