Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tricks to lose weight (moobs) page

Tricks to lose weight (moobs)

Primal Fuel
    Hello there,

I have been on primal diet for the past 6 months. Since I never used a balance, I don't know how much weight I lost, but I estimate at about 20 pounds and to be honest, I have been cheating more or less (especially alcohol : low carb beers and red wine). I went from I can't fit a 36 inch pants and now they are loose. For jeans, I use 34. I'd say my body fat % is between 25 and 30%

I eat almost two slices of bacon in the morning with 2-3 eggs. For lunch I eat a big salad and then for dinner I try to eat meat with veggies or with a salad serving. I also snack a lot of cheese and nuts. I am afraid of snacking with fruits because of the sugar. I do put 10% cream (coffee cream) in my coffee. I usually have a class of red wine. On the weekend, I can drink half to one bottle of wine.

On the exercice side, I walk about 4 times a week for about 1 hour and now I started doing some spints (intermediate). I also started doing push ups, planks and squats and sit ups but no pull up because I can't install a bar in my appartment.

The problem that I have been struggling all my life is the moobs. I hate them. I don't feel comfortable putting a sports jersey or anything because all we see is my boobies out of it. They got a little smaller since my weight loss, but they are still visible. I think my body stores fat around there and on the belly. I am conscious that with 30% body fat, I still need to lose about 10%. My conception is that walking wont help me down the body fat. I need to lift weights but we are going abroad for a month.

In August, my wife and I are going to visit her parents in South America. I am sure it will be party and stuff but I will try to eat healthy foods and only drink Rum and coke(zero) if I need to drink or red wine. Maybe 1-2 beers from time to time. I am sure we are going to walk lot.

What do you recommend me?

Thanks a lot for your help

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I'm a girl so I like boobs on me. I will tell you adding carbs back in have made mine bigger, so who knows, maybe low carb will help shrink yours.

My suggestion is to go do some weightlifting. Squatting, deadlifts and benching. Since I started my pectorals have become more pronounced and I've lost body fat. I would think that visually if you broadened your shoulders and built up your chest that your moobs would look better.

At Crossfit I noticed pretty much none of the men who have been doing it for a while have moobs.

And I'm just going to put this out there. I have noticed that for the most part, guys that lift weights have really great bodies almost universally. Period. Guys that don't, no matter what, end up with a skinny fat look that ends in moobs for a lot of people. I'd ditch the PB strength and go start lifting heavy at a gym.

Eating right can definitely get the fat off, but you need some structure under the skin. IMO, weightlifting is the fastest path to that- I have seen a big change in my own body in about 10-12 weeks. The bodyweight stuff is great too, (hello, Al Kavadlo looks amazing) but just lifting a barbell seems simpler if you can manage it.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Hello there, thanks for your answer. I already tried crossfit but didnt like the place and the coaches... They only seem to focus on experienced user because all classes are mixed levels. There are no other centre in my city.

Is going to a normal gym ok? I might hit the university gym! There is a small gym where my in laws live so i will try to go 3-4 times a week!

Any nutritional help?

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    Eat clean, lift heavy. Limit nuts and cheese, probably.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Limit nuts and cheese, probably.
    Yeah, if I was a guy, I would limit conventional dairy in case of hormones. And I don't think Crossfit is necessary- I'm sure just going to the gym and doing the basic heavy lifts would more than suffice. LOL, I'd ask Mr Anthony what he does at the gym. I mean, he hasn't shared his abs lately but I assume they still look amazing.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Eat clean, lift heavy. Limit nuts and cheese, probably.
    Hi there, do you mind sharing your gym routine. When you say lift heavy, how many reps do you do? 3 x 12 or ??
    thank you

Primal Moose is offline Senior Member
    I agree 100% with Magnolia. Paleo/primal eating plus heavy, compound lifts. Besides building a structure, the heavy lifting also helps hormonally. I used to have moons, that's my prescription. Not to say don't do bodyweight exercises, just use that in conjunction with heavy, compound barbell and dumbbell work.

Hi there,

Thanks a lot for your tips.The thing that worries me is that I won't be able to go to the gym before the end of august...so I am technically losing 1 month....what kind I do in the time beeing. The tower gym at my in laws doesn't have everything a real gym has..

fkjr2 is offline Senior Member
    you need to start weight lifting!

Do Strong Lifts, also known as 5 x 5

Bench Press 5 sets , 5 reps each - rest 1-2 mins in between sets
    Squats 5 x 5
    Deadlifts or Barbell Rows 5 x 5

You perform these lifts 3 x's a week - thats it - Mon, Weds, Fri or Tues, Thurs, Sat etc

Make sure your resting 8 hours and getting at least 1 gram of protein per lb of bodyweight

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primalcanadian View Post
    Hi there, do you mind sharing your gym routine. When you say lift heavy, how many reps do you do? 3 x 12 or ??
    thank you
    Do Starting Strength (Or maybe Stronglifts, but I think SS is more accessible to new people). If you're just starting out, this is the best program. Buy the book.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast