Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tricks to lose weight (moobs) page 4

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by primalcanadian View Post
    Hi there, I always was overweight, so I always had moobs....but..how do i know if I also have gynecomastia? wouldn't they still be the same size even with weight loss?
    If you haven't taken anabolic steroids during your life, it is likely you will lose them if you cut the fat. But you could see a doctor if they don't melt away.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    If you haven't taken anabolic steroids during your life, it is likely you will lose them if you cut the fat. But you could see a doctor if they don't melt away.
    No I have never taken those. I do suffer from hypothyroism since 16 years old though but taking meds daily for it. When I touch my pecs, they are soft...i guess if they were boobs, the tissue would be denser??

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Sorry but it doesnt work that way...

when a male child develops breast tissue it is due to a metabolic syndrome and it is not corrected during puberty the supporting tissue that develops is fascia and not adipose.

as barney fife is credited with saying "NIP IT IN THE BUD"

if however your parents didnt do anything about it you have one conventional option, surgery.

I am conducting an n=1 trial on the effectiveness of AI for starving the tissue of estrogen which i suspect it feeds on.

i do not suggest anyone attempt this, however i am satisfied by my own results which are in the very very early stages
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

janice1561 is offline Junior Member
    When you are just starting out in weight lifting I think you should start with just 3 sets of 10 reps or 3 x 10 for each exercise. To lose the moobs you will need to build up your entire body. You should also concentrate on the compound exercises (exercises that work more than one muscle).

Do 3 x 10 of the following exercises:

Squats (also the most important because your leg muscles are the largest muscles in your body)
    Bench Press
    Bent-Over Rows
    Deadlifts
    Should Press
    Situps or Leg Raises (Pick One)
    Barbell Curl

And stay away from processed foods and fast foods.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Get a FREE copy of "Beginners Guide to the Paleo Diet" below
    http://paleofatlossdiet.com

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    Sorry but it doesnt work that way...

when a male child develops breast tissue it is due to a metabolic syndrome and it is not corrected during puberty the supporting tissue that develops is fascia and not adipose.

as barney fife is credited with saying "NIP IT IN THE BUD"

if however your parents didnt do anything about it you have one conventional option, surgery.

I am conducting an n=1 trial on the effectiveness of AI for starving the tissue of estrogen which i suspect it feeds on.

i do not suggest anyone attempt this, however i am satisfied by my own results which are in the very very early stages
    What I'm saying is that if it's ordinary fat, it may well disappear when he reaches his body fat goal. Not that gynecomastia can be treated by diet.

Owen is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi there, firstly, I sympathize with the moobs thing - get them myself. I still have them to a small degree (along with some stomach fat) and I've reached the point where this remaining bit of fat is taking much longer to shift than the initial lot. If you really want to get results then my advice is to just KEEP GOING with the primal eating and exercise. Eat vegetables, meat and fruit and exercise regularly. Vary it - weights to improve your frame and lots of movement to help burn fat. There are no short cuts, just keep doing what you're doing and try going whole 30, or keep a very clean diet if you can. Thats what I'm currently doing. When I work hard at it I get results. The joy of primal eating is that whatever weight you manage to lose doesn't go back on, it's almost like a stopvalve. Also, intermittent fasting, although not a requirement, is amazing for fat (and therefore moob) loss, provided when you re-feed you are mainly eating protein and very low gi foods (leafy greens, non starchy veg etc).

Together we can banish those moobs forever!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234