Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36

Thread: Tricks to lose weight (moobs) page 3

  1. #21
    Rocco Hill's Avatar
    Rocco Hill is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    365
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by primalcanadian View Post
    Hi there, thanks for your input. There are a lot of contradictive messages here. Some say Bacon is a good fat and others say it's complete crap. When you say my diet looks pretty pathetic, I think I eat enough for the exercice that I do sitting at the computer in the office all day. I also do eat lots of different meats : chicken, tuna, salmon, beef, veal etc.

    I am not quite sure to understand the PUFA effect on moobs. I know they have decreased as mentionned since I started this journey, but I think there is no point in being paranoid of not eating nuts from time to time because of pufa and stuff. I also think I am reading to start lifting weight, I will start at what I'm able to do and move on from there. Walking will always be present because it helps me cope with office stress...

    When I say intake, I actually mean quantity. Sorry for not clarifying properly. You're not specific about what you eat nor the quantity, but it seems too low. So pathetic more applies to that, but I would say without doubt that you're eating a very crappy diet.

    I never implied you should become paranoid and avoid all nuts forever, but going on what very little evidence you have provided, I can only assume your diet it too high in PUFA's. Chicken, Salmon aswell now. As I said, moobs are largely due to an excess in estrogen, which is compounded by too many pufa's. I would simply say having a greater ratio of sat fats to pufa's is a start. If you feel you eat enough to sit at your desk all day then fair enough, but people here are advocating quite stressful activities like SS. It's nowalk in the park, and you will put your body through hell doing it with the way you are eating.

    Carry on walking, it's a good thing. Bacon is a protein, not a fat. It has fat attached to it, and is pretty pufa laden. Unless you have access to real pork that is. But even the pasteured grass fed ones are fed pellets.
    Last edited by Rocco Hill; 07-23-2013 at 03:21 PM.

  2. #22
    Gorbag's Avatar
    Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ecuador
    Posts
    4,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Hill View Post
    Bacon is a protein, not a fat. It has fat attached to it, and is pretty pufa laden.
    I always supposed that it was vice versa...
    Being just an old fashioned guy myself; I’m beyond tired of all these fragile mama boys (and girls!) with powder in their gluteus and soft pillows under their arm pits that cannot recover from their 3 days a week abbreviated “strength” routine…

  3. #23
    quelsen's Avatar
    quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lexington Kentucky
    Posts
    2,972
    if you have had your moobs since puberty, take my advice and make peace with them

    if they came after puberty lift more and remove all sources of estrogen from your diet, phyto and otherwise

    check your nads
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

    Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

    CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66


    Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

  4. #24
    quikky's Avatar
    quikky is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,141
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    if you have had your moobs since puberty, take my advice and make peace with them

    if they came after puberty lift more and remove all sources of estrogen from your diet, phyto and otherwise

    check your nads
    I think the OP is talking about moobs due to fat, not due to gynecomastia.

  5. #25
    Rocco Hill's Avatar
    Rocco Hill is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    I always supposed that it was vice versa...
    For many here, it seems to be

  6. #26
    LauraSB's Avatar
    LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Delaware Valley
    Posts
    717
    I'm going to go against the lift heavy grain here, not because it wouldn't be good for you, or most anyone for that matter. I just think it's a complete red herring. You don't have moobs because you don't have enough muscle, you have them because your body fat is quite high for a man.

    My husband had moobs his whole adult life. He lost 50 lbs last year and started a rather modest (and random) body weight program. He has visible, but not substantial, upper body muscle now and I'd guesstimate his body fat at 20% or slightly less. His moobs are gone. His pecs are rock hard. There's no evidence of fat on them. He's only up to 3 sets of 12 push ups. One set is always diamond push ups now, but he's only recently been able to manage 12 of those.

    I'd recommend that you quit with the snacking. It's absolutely insidious for people who can't shed body fat.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

  7. #27
    reallygravity's Avatar
    reallygravity is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    151
    I don't have a lot of in depth feedback for you, but the whole30 helped me (female) to lean out a little. No dairy and bad oils really helped me.

    Maybe a stricter diet could be a start?

  8. #28
    miata's Avatar
    miata is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Posts
    1,045
    You gotta loose fat by turning yourself into a "fat burning machine." I've always done some decent exercise and thought I ate reasonably, but always carried more fat than I liked. I've really changed my composition with paleo diet and these two secrets:

    1) Train your body to burn use fats for energy (for me -- no carbs until evening or after workouts)

    2) Do resistance exercises to build muscles, increase glycogen stores, increase metabolism.

    The nice side effects of 1 and 2 is that energy levels are higher and more steady and your brain works better. The other think that I've discovered is that when you get down to lower fat composition a little muscle goes a lot longer in making you look good.

  9. #29
    FlyingPig's Avatar
    FlyingPig is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraSB View Post
    I'm going to go against the lift heavy grain here, not because it wouldn't be good for you, or most anyone for that matter. I just think it's a complete red herring. You don't have moobs because you don't have enough muscle, you have them because your body fat is quite high for a man.

    My husband had moobs his whole adult life. He lost 50 lbs last year and started a rather modest (and random) body weight program. He has visible, but not substantial, upper body muscle now and I'd guesstimate his body fat at 20% or slightly less. His moobs are gone. His pecs are rock hard. There's no evidence of fat on them. He's only up to 3 sets of 12 push ups. One set is always diamond push ups now, but he's only recently been able to manage 12 of those.

    I'd recommend that you quit with the snacking. It's absolutely insidious for people who can't shed body fat.
    I would agree with Laura here. Just be patient, get leaner in general and eventually they will go. I was in a similar situation last year and my moobs have gone. Just eating primally consistently, intermittent fasting and some kettlebell work-outs (I hate gyms) got me there in the end. Low carb, high carb... just find out what works for you and don't let this forum confuse you too much. I found that the leaner I got the more carbs I could tolerate. I eat fruit and potatoes every day now and I continue to lean out nicely. Two big meals a day, no snacking works well for most guys.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    40
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    if you have had your moobs since puberty, take my advice and make peace with them

    if they came after puberty lift more and remove all sources of estrogen from your diet, phyto and otherwise

    check your nads
    Hi there, I always was overweight, so I always had moobs....but..how do i know if I also have gynecomastia? wouldn't they still be the same size even with weight loss?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •