Thread: New is the forgotten old... page

Leida is offline Senior Member

New is the forgotten old...

Primal Fuel
    For a few days I just got a mounting desire to do something dancy, and namely the step again. So, yesterday, it was tornado warning, so I skipped gym, went home and dusted off good old Kathy Smith's step intro DVD. I am amazed at the body's memory. I haven't done it for a good 2 or 3 years, but it went great, I barely missed a bit and still managed to work up a good sweat by doing it in propulsion mode mostly (feels safer than box jumps too!).

Kathy still has it... decades after she recorded the video. Dunno, just felt sooo good. I did it in barefoots, btw, lol!!!!

Anyone else resurected some old workout and had fun with it?
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Does loading 22 pounds of water in my backpack and doing stadium steps count? Hoping to find another empty gallon container today to add another 8 pounds.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I read an old yoga book... from the 70's or so a while back. A lady that I donate books to thought I would find it interesting. It was awesome because all the yoga mass produced stuff these days won't even bother giving you the intermediate and advanced progressions. But this old book had some really challenging programs in it. I might have to bust it back out and see what I can still do.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i have a way old yoga book by lyn marshall i had as a teen that i have been going back to at the weekends. i also go back to my dummbell compounds when it is too gnarly to get outside.

kansas-klx is offline Member
    I recently discovered a couple of radical "new" concepts: Indian clubs and kettlebells...

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    I recently discovered a couple of radical "new" concepts: Indian clubs and kettlebells...
    i love my clubbells!!!! mine are steel not indian but they are awesome.