Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some food is still bothering me! page

betty74 is offline Senior Member

Some food is still bothering me!

Primal Fuel
    I have been trying to figure out which foods bother me. So far I have found gluten to be a trigger and dairy- at least milk and cream. I haven't eaten cheese in a while so not sure there. I do eat goat cheese and it is fine. Tonight I feel so bloated. I don't know what it would be, but wondering if tea would do it.

Here's my food today if something looks like it could be a trigger please let me know.
    Breakfast:
    coffee w/ coconut milk, stevia
    duck egg, 1 piece bacon

Lunch:
    asparagus sauteed in coconut oil, chicken and apple sausage, strawberries and blueberries
    water

Market Spice tea w/ coconut oil

Dinner: scrambled eggs w/ chicken and apple sausage, mushrooms sauteed in bacon fat, 1/2 avocado

Market Spice Tea

and a handful of cashews
    Last edited by betty74; 05-27-2010 at 09:20 PM.

Helen in Oz is offline Senior Member
    Betty, have you had a checkup with your doctor regarding any health issues, bloating etc? What advice have you received on this?

I went to the doctor last year regarding a lump in my left side just below my ribcage. It becomes swollen at times and at the time with shooting sharp pains. I was told in is heart burn. I don't believe that to be the cause, but recently have determined it is food related. It becomes swollen when I ate something my body doesn't like. I am seeing an acupuncturist, but not a regular doctor. She is the one that recommended stopping gluten for 4 weeks and then re-introducing and also dairy. This was prior to PB as I just recently started and have yet to have a "ON" weekend. I haven't been bloated for some time unless I eat dairy. The gluten is more of a lack of energy and just not feeling well.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Well gluten and dairy both pwn my digestive system and so do nuts/seeds so perhaps axe the cashews first and see how that goes.

Some people also report trouble with meat/eggs and fruit together although I can't say anything for sure.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

To me it sounds like a second opinion might be called for - I've learned that medical care in the USA is expensive but you don't want to mess with your guts, you know?

I've discovered that I'm allergic to avocado. Eating a whole avocado and some avocado oil over the course of one afternoon proved this to me... the next day wasn't nice! I'm also a little suspicious of berries.

If you haven't given your gall bladder a workout in a while, you could be having issues with that, with all the new fats.

But please consider seeing a different doctor just to be on the safe side.

I've been eating cashews all week with no issue so I don't think it is that, but will pay better attention next time I eat them.

I am guessing maybe the mushrooms or tea. Everything else I have eaten all week and not had any problems. Anyone have bloating from mushrooms?

I have discussed it with a naturopath and the acupuncturist and both said the lump was not heartburn. I have insurance for the regular doctor, but I just hate going to them. I sadly have little faith in American medicine. lol

I am pretty sure avocado isn't it either as I eat 1/2 of one each day.

What do you mean by "given your gallbladder a workout"? Sorry if that is a stupid question.

well I'm not all that up on the biology (yet!) but I think the gallbladder releases bile when you eat fatty food. On the conventional, relatively low fat diet, it doesn't get used much and I think someone mentioned it can even atrophy. And you can also get gallstones because it doesn't fill and empty properly. So now you're eating lots more fats and producing more bile so it's working harder. I hope I've got that right, don't quote me on it

A naturopath and an acupuncturist are not medical doctors. (unless they also have an MD). And I agree, it's not heartburn. heartburn as I understand it is acid reflux from your stomach.

I hate doctors too but I don't want to risk ignoring symptoms till it turns into something serious.

tooround is offline Senior Member
    I'm grasping at straws but I don't think all mushrooms are equal. I'm sure there are healthier ones than the white button kind I can get cheapest.

emmie is offline Senior Member
    Are you sure it's not the eggs? It's always listed as something that many people have sensitivities to.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast