Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about Vibrams page

Spheni is offline Member

Question about Vibrams

Primal Fuel
    Hey all, I hope I am putting this in the right forum. Seemed like barefooting went with fitness to me. Anyway, I just got my new Vibram KSOs in the mail today. I find them very difficult to get on. Is that normal? I'm afraid I'm going to tear the back loop off. My feet are short and wide so I am wondering if it is just me. The length fits although my toes are so short that most of them don't fit into the toe slots the whole way so I can't really get a bigger size. I was hoping to have a pair I could hike in but maybe I'll have to get some Entradas just for walking around.

Any info would be appreciated!

MudLily is offline Senior Member
    Yes, they are difficult to get on. First of all, it takes some time to get your toes into the correct holes right away. That will come with more use. Second, the mesh on top is not very flexible or stretchy. That would help make them easier to get on. I have yet to rip my heel loop off, but I don't wear them every day. Surely hte shoe engineers thought of this in product testing and made them sturdy enough? If you do rip the loops off, send them back with improvement suggestions.

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    I pull the loops like there's no tomorrow, they're pretty sturdy.
    And yes, had the same issues. Practice and wear them in... Soon they'll slip on effortlessly

Stacy15 is online now Senior Member
    I tried on 3 different styles before I could get a pair on. I was determined to get some, so kept trying different ones. I ended up getting the Komodo style, which was still tough to get on - but I got them on after some work! Now I can slide my feet into them without even using my hands.

Spheni is offline Member
    Thanks everyone! I will keep at it. I'm pretty determined to have a pair as well lol!

beachbound is offline Junior Member
    My toes wouldn't go in the VFF's all the way in since I have a fairly steep angle from big toe to pinky toe (pinky toe just barely made it in), so the fit was very tight on the big toe (just to accommodate the rest of my toes) which became painful over time. I bought the Merrell Vapor Glove and haven't looked back. If your feet continue to hurt, I would give the Vapor Glove a shot.
    Last edited by beachbound; 07-27-2013 at 08:48 AM. Reason: meant Vapor Glove instead of Trail Gloves

freekd is offline Junior Member
    I am starting to put mine on almost as fast as slippers but it takes a bit of time.

BenP is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbound View Post
    My toes wouldn't go in the VFF's all the way in since I have a fairly steep angle from big toe to pinky toe (pinky toe just barely made it in), so the fit was very tight on the big toe (just to accommodate the rest of my toes) which became painful over time. I bought the Merrell Trail Gloves and haven't looked back. If your feet continue to hurt, I would give the Trail Gloves a shot.

Love my trail gloves although not quite as much as my luna sandals (if you want to go very minimalist...). Did a trail marathon last year and they were great

spyder is offline Junior Member
    I just got my first pair a couple of months ago and the first 5-6 times I put them on took about 3-4 minutes. Now I can get them on in seconds. The salesman told me to push the back of the shoe (behind the heel) down so it lays flat inside the shoe. Then slide your foot in and work the toes into the slots. Once the toes are in, pull the back part out. Hope that makes sense.

Salixisme is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have a problem with the 5 fingers... I cannot feel my D5 and D4 (ie little toe and the one next to it) on my right foot due to nerve damage. I also have no movement or control over those toes either. It makes it incredibly difficult to get those 2 toes into the toe pockets... When I tried they ended up bent under

As a result I wear a pair of Merell Pace Gloves... works for me. I can wear socks with them that holds my toes together so I am not getting any damage to the 2 toes I cannot feel (I have dislocated the little toe on that foot more times than I can count simply because I can't feel it and don't know where it is in "space" and I catch it on things) and they are simpler for me to put on.

Maybe not quite as good as a pair of five fingers but it does work if needs must.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Dr. Seuss

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast