Thread: How to get started with sprinting, lifting, etc. page

CaliforniaGirl is offline Senior Member

How to get started with sprinting, lifting, etc.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi Everyone,

I am new to this site. For fitness and fun, I currently hike on the weekends, use a mini-trampoline at night 3-4x/week for 20 mins or so and walk a lot as I live in a major city and don't have a car. I don't consider any of this to be chronic cardio as it is all enjoyable and fun for me and the mini-trampoline at night helps me sleep.

I am wanting to add in sprinting to my routine and some kind of strength training and was wondering if you guys have any easy tips for me to get started with this. I would love to be able to do this stuff at home or outside so I don't have to spend a bunch of money to join a gym. I don't need to lose weight or have any major health problems. I am just wanting to be healthy, energized, and remain free of serious health problems. If there is anything else you think I should be doing, please let me know.

I am sure there is probably an article somewhere on this site explaining how to get started but I couldn't find it. Thanks.

Kinnell is offline Member
    This is probably what you're looking for: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread12643.html

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I dunno, I feel that I am ripping my gym off. For a fee of 55$ a month I have unlimited access to the pool, steam room, hot tub, 2 levels of gym with every kind of equipment I can possibly wish for (okay, the rings and permanently hanging boxing bag would be nice...), climbing wall and 2 arenas. Not to mention all the fun of being greeted by staff and the fellow regulars. Sure, I run outside, garden, walk, and have a few DVDs at home with a bunch of equipment, and give it a shot sometimes, but the gym is better. It is designed to carter to fitness whims and moods. I focus on me, and on my workout and do not have to worry about my kiddo and my hubby and the chores not getting done.

That's said, i started with Kathy Smith and a few dumbells, and she is great for getting you started, and the DVDs are dirt cheap now. So are the lighter dumbbells (up to 20 lbs). Michael's older DVDs are good too - the old metahbolic workout is in particulary good and does not require any equipment.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.