Thread: What to take for low cortisol? page

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member

What to take for low cortisol?

Shop Now
    I have low cortisol I'm the morning. What can I take without a prescription to raise it? I've read about HC... Hydrocortisone I'm guessing. Then there's Isocort. It's plant derived from yams.

I'm also on a T3 containing thyroid med. It will do what it's supposed to do if I can get cortisol in range.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Low in the morning but have you tracked it over a 24 hour period?

thaedge is offline Junior Member
    Whose testing your salivary cortisol in the morning? What is your sleep schedule like? Are you a shift worker. Do you wake up at the same time every day, and when it was tested in the morning did you wake up at your normal time?

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Low in the morning but have you tracked it over a 24 hour period?
    I've been taking my temperature. I can tell by how bad my energy has gotten in the mornings along with my morning workouts.

I had a 24 hour salvia test back in November that showed borderline low cortisol in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by thaedge View Post
    Whose testing your salivary cortisol in the morning? What is your sleep schedule like? Are you a shift worker. Do you wake up at the same time every day, and when it was tested in the morning did you wake up at your normal time?
    It was Diagnos-Tech labs. I wake up at 6:00 am M-F. On Saturdays usually around 8:30. Sundays, usually anywhere from 7-8am. I'm not a shift worker. I sleep pretty good at night.

I did wake up at my normal time but I wasn't allowed caffeine that day. I wonder if my cortisol was actually lower than it showed because I wasn't in my normal routine that day. I also did not go to the gym that day.

Rueben is offline Senior Member
    I had low cortisol - basically adrenal fatigue which affects thyroid function.

Read Dr Wilson's 21st century Stress Syndrome
    Amazon.com: Adrenal Fatigue: The 21st Century Stress Syndrome (9781890572150): James Wilson, Jonathan V. Wright: Books

you need massive doses of b vitamns, minerals, vitamin c, and others - I am taking his supplements and feeling much better.

good luck - low cortisol sucks!!

Rueben, I also have low thyroid. I've been on Naturethroid and am starting t3 in stead. Visit my journal if you would like. It would be nice to hear a bit of your journey!

I'm starting cystex plus for b12 and folate. I've been using more salt too. I need to get done vitamin c...

thaedge is offline Junior Member
    What's your age, sex, weight and activity level?

PrimalCon New York
    32, female, gym 5-6 days a week... 2x a week I lift. 4x a week I run/jog/walk/sprint. I'm lightly active most days at work. My weight is between 141-143. I've gained 8-10lbs in the past year. It's thyroid related and looks to be adrenal related now.