Thread: 6 months primal and first marathon! page

cmanderson is offline Junior Member

Smile 6 months primal and first marathon!

Shop Now
    I am 1/3 of the way through marathon training and getting a little confused on what to eat during training, while running, during race. I've ran for four years and have always used those gel packs and Gatorade. I switched to water only while running with a large coconut water after. Otherwise, i have a coffee a day as other source of liquid. I eat around 1500 calories a day, some more than others depending on how hungry I am. My meals include meat, veggies, fruit. Since this is my first marathon I am doing the Novice 1 training schedule. Race is in October.

I feel really overwhelmed with the amount of information out there and not sure where to even start! Thanks for any tips!

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    I am training for a marathon as well.... it will be my first. The race will be in March. I am using Jeff Galloway's program for endurance, and training just to finish. I am not modifying my diet at all, and drinking mostly just water, though I do make a "recovery" shake after my long run for the week from a whey protein powder, some yogurt, a little cocoa powder and milk...

You are right about the amount of info out there.... use your gut. It is often right.... If your instincts say something doesn't jive, then chances are, you are correct. do what works for you, and good luck in your race!!

cmanderson is offline Junior Member
    Thanks!