Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reversed carb flu??? page 3

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shousan View Post
    I don't even know what jack daniels is. All I'm saying is getting out of this misery takes priority and she can focus on cleaning up her diet afterwards. And the low-carb stunt likely did way more damage than overfeeding on carbs for a week will.
    Ah, well since you don't know what JD is I was stating that your advice will result in negative health more times than not.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    No, I listed exactly what I typically eat. What am I being dishonest about?
    You de-emphasized omelette, so LC probably assumed it was LF/egg white variation, is all.

Cindy01, do not worry, just try to re-introduce various starches slowly and give your body plenty of rest. VLC is not something that works for absolutely everyone every time.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

cindy01 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    You de-emphasized omelette, so LC probably assumed it was LF/egg white variation, is all.

Cindy01, do not worry, just try to re-introduce various starches slowly and give your body plenty of rest. VLC is not something that works for absolutely everyone every time.
    Thank you, I appreciate your compassion. The thing is I was only 'VLC' for two weeks and shifted towards low carb (50-150g) for 3-4 weeks.

Maybe the sugar refeed protocol sounds most appropriate to readjust and start over.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Depending on your activity level, 50-150 g carbs may perfectly be VLC for you. There is also a theory on the 'zone of misery' which stipulates that you are not low carb enough, your body keeps re-adjusting between the fat and carb burning, leaving you in the rough sea of misery while the keto-nirvana is out of reach. I thought that happened to me the first time (since I had relatively high protein and ate nuts/dairy), so I spent 6 weeks on doing strict VLC with high animal fat and even low protein, and the energy improved some, but never came in droves, as it supposed to when you are ketonic. I just walked under water entire time. But in my case, the moment I bit into that apple, life regained color.

I have not used refined sugar, and kindda afraid of it, seeing the diabetes runs in the family. I used honey for serotonine management (1 tbsp ~ 2 pm and before bed). Which worked great for my mood and energy, but trashed my skin.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

cindy01 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Depending on your activity level, 50-150 g carbs may perfectly be VLC for you. There is also a theory on the 'zone of misery' which stipulates that you are not low carb enough, your body keeps re-adjusting between the fat and carb burning, leaving you in the rough sea of misery while the keto-nirvana is out of reach. I thought that happened to me the first time (since I had relatively high protein and ate nuts/dairy), so I spent 6 weeks on doing strict VLC with high animal fat and even low protein, and the energy improved some, but never came in droves, as it supposed to when you are ketonic. I just walked under water entire time. But in my case, the moment I bit into that apple, life regained color.

I have not used refined sugar, and kindda afraid of it, seeing the diabetes runs in the family. I used honey for serotonine management (1 tbsp ~ 2 pm and before bed). Which worked great for my mood and energy, but trashed my skin.
    I never really felt adapted to fat, my body needs the glucose. I remember having a banana after 4 weeks strict VLC and felt no different. What's your carb intake now? Do you incorporate starches? I can't help but feel a little envious of those LC folk who can rely on a potato once in a while for a boost

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123