Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reversed carb flu??? page 2

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    They are not irreversible, just go slow, add one thing at a time, and get a lot of rest. Low carb is a powerful driver of changes in the body, hormonal and chemical. Food composition can have as much impact as medication. When you do elimination diet, 4 -6 weeks is the term when you are considered 'clean' of a particular thing. Reintroduction is very much the same.

When I started eating fruit again, it took 3 months for a break out on my face to subside.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    If I ate what you eat, I would be in a food coma. Two bananas is the sugar, not just carbs, sugar of 4 servings of 85% chocolate. Just to start.

Adding some fat might help. Maybe cut the rice in half and add a cube of butter or some other fat. Or throw out the bananas and eat two bars of chocolate.
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

shousan is offline Junior Member
    Double your intake of carbs, focus on sugar. Don't need to be so picky about your sources until your fatigue disappears, eat sugared yoghurt, ice cream and fruit juices.
    Make sure you eat enough salt. If your piss looks like water you need more salt.

cindy01 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by loafingcactus View Post
    If I ate what you eat, I would be in a food coma. Two bananas is the sugar, not just carbs, sugar of 4 servings of 85% chocolate. Just to start.

Adding some fat might help. Maybe cut the rice in half and add a cube of butter or some other fat. Or throw out the bananas and eat two bars of chocolate.
    I get enough fat from meat, eggs and cooking in butter. That's not the point, I could handle 5-6 bananas a day before and feel fine. I can't scale back sugar or starch or I'll feel much worse.

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cindy01 View Post
    I get enough fat from meat, eggs and cooking in butter. That's not the point, I could handle 5-6 bananas a day before and feel fine. I can't scale back sugar or starch or I'll feel much worse.
    So your typical day of eating was untruthful? What were you expecting to get out of THAT?
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

You're feeling like shit cause you cut out carbs. Just gorge on sugar for a few days and watch your energy return. Don't take it slow like some recommend, it's only gonna lead to a slow recovery.

Even if you gain a pound or two I would imagine just getting back to normal takes priority.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cindy01 View Post
    My patience is running thin, it's so frustrating. Are you implying these intolerances are irreversible? I'm sure two weeks or even a month is enough to adapt back to glucose and these foods. I've added them in slowly to ensure I don't suffer any ill affects but all I want is for my energy to revive.
    I'm implying that you have always had issue with these foods and not known it until now. That is the definition of elimination diet. You're only noticing how sensitive you are because you took the time to eliminate. You actually do not want to adapt back to eating something that is killing you. You want to learn from your response that there is healing to be done before such items may be able to added back in safely.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shousan View Post
    You're feeling like shit cause you cut out carbs. Just gorge on sugar for a few days and watch your energy return. Don't take it slow like some recommend, it's only gonna lead to a slow recovery.

Even if you gain a pound or two I would imagine just getting back to normal takes priority.
    Yup and mainline some jack daniels too. Feeling no pain! Don't worry bout long term consequence or health just make sure you feel good NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Yup and mainline some jack daniels too. Feeling no pain! Don't worry bout long term consequence or health just make sure you feel good NOW!
    I don't even know what jack daniels is. All I'm saying is getting out of this misery takes priority and she can focus on cleaning up her diet afterwards. And the low-carb stunt likely did way more damage than overfeeding on carbs for a week will.

cindy01 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by loafingcactus View Post
    So your typical day of eating was untruthful? What were you expecting to get out of THAT?
    No, I listed exactly what I typically eat. What am I being dishonest about?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast