Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm becoming very forgetful. page 2

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Maybe on a primal level you're trying to reduce your attachment to technology, and walk barefoot more often.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

NewbiePrimal is offline Junior Member
    LOL Sandra that made me laugh.

True,I don't want to lose my phone and shoes like one poster mentioned. It's good to know I can go ahead and eat white rice. I use to eat that a lot.

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Increase your carbs, which should help. Adding a piece of fruit and a starch, like a potato or rice, to your meals should fix the fog if it's low-carb induced. No need to be low-carb unless it's more beneficial to you than higher carb. Experiment to find the level you thrive on; it might change daily.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    It seems like your every post is "eat more carbs"? Do you work for the department of agriculture or something?

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    lol. Come on.

There are a hundred and one reasons you left your cell or forgot your shoes on the first three weeks that coincide with a dietary change and only one of them have to do with the diet change.

99% likely to NOT have a darn thing to do with carbs, primal, fat, or anything in the realm of nutrition.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    lol. Come on.

There are a hundred and one reasons you left your cell or forgot your shoes on the first three weeks that coincide with a dietary change and only one of them have to do with the diet change.

99% likely to NOT have a darn thing to do with carbs, primal, fat, or anything in the realm of nutrition.
    Exactly. How about a look at things like stress levels and sleep quality before people jump into the low carb bashing party?

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    How many eggs do you eat? Choline helps with short term memory, as it's important for synthesis of acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter involved in memory formation.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NewbiePrimal View Post
    Could this have something to do with Primal? I have been on primal 3 1/2 weeks now or so. I have left my cellphone 5 different places. (This did not happen before) I lost my shoes in my own house (again, hasn't happened before) and I am pretty young. I am spacing out sort of.
    lol. you've never mislaid your phone or shoes before? i bow to your perfect recall.

could be bad sleep, stress, lack of or too much exercise, over-thinking other stuff...

not enough food, or even carb flu. if all you're eating is veggies, with no fruit or starch, you may be in ketosis, with out-of-whack electrolytes. drink some broth or eat an avocado.

or eat 10 potatoes and call me in the morning.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    I agree with what everyone else has said about it likely being related to the change to low carb.

That being said, you don't have to go crazy. Lets say you are at 50 carbs / day. Adding a 20 carb banana increasing your carbs by a HUGE amount - 40%. I would try adding ONE thing like that a day, see how it goes. If you still need to up your carbs, add ONE more thing.

How I have my food plan is there is a base of low carb things and then I have a few other things on a one from that list per day thing.
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    I think you should just experiment with the carb amount and see what works for you, using primal foods. The more carb I have the more brain fog, particularly white rice, so it obviously works differently for each individual. This can also be influenced day to day also, so a journal is a great idea. So many reasons for brain fog, from thyroid, candida, SIBO, etc etc. eating less carb and sugar could cause a bit of a die off reaction too, which will take a bit of time to settle down. Sometimes the best thing is to wait it out IMO.
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast