Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Memorial Day Menu? page

LessofMimi is offline Senior Member

Memorial Day Menu?

We're going to my Mom's to have brats and stuff. I've been put in charge of a side and dessert. I'm looking for ideas.

What are your plans for Memorial Day eats?
    Melissa Fritcher - 330/252/150
    http://lessofmimi.wordpress.com
    Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.

Spyhop is offline Member
    I'm not doing anything exciting for Memorial Day, probably going to work, but as for sides, maybe some kind of slaw, possibly with homemade mayo?

Bukawww is offline Senior Member
    We are having otu of town friends over on Sunday for a bbq - there will be plenty of burgers, dogs, and chicken thighs! Corona Light with lime for the boys and fresh cut veggies for the taking. I might include some type of dessert - maybe a homemade blackberry sorbet

Who needs buns when you can eat MEAT...and avocado and bacon and sauteed mushrooms and bacon!!!

mcestnik is offline Member
    My husband's co-worker invited us to a BBQ on Sunday and we are bringing Bacon Explosion and cleaning out some of the deer steaks that we have in the freezer. I'll probably make some avocado deviled eggs to go with.

LessofMimi is offline Senior Member
    I know Mom talked about a green salad. She's also going to make massive amounts of marinated mushrooms. There will be plenty of animal flesh to choose from. i'm thinking of taking green-bean- and bacon-salad, or bacon-roasted brussel sprouts (or both).
    I started experimenting tonight with lemon bar recipes with almond-crusts, too. If I can get some fresh raspberries tomorrow, that would rock in there.
    Melissa Fritcher - 330/252/150
    http://lessofmimi.wordpress.com
    Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    just received my US Wellness meat order yesterday! I AM HAVING STEAK, PORK MEATBALLS AND BACON WRAPPED....______asparagus/mushrooms/squash... dunno!

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    I'm fixing Italian sausage and brats tonight, big ass rib eyes on Saturday night, lots of pork chops in mango and stuff on Sunday and my mother is fixing brisket and ribs on Monday for a get together. It's a long carnivore's weekend woo hoo!

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    how do you make your italian sausage and brats??!?!?

hannahc is offline Senior Member
    bacon-roasted brussel sprouts
    +121,456,467,487,454,687,343,543!

I can't get enough of these A big green salad with a simple vinaigrette would be great, and people ALWAYS attack the veggie tray whenever I bring one. Deviled Eggs are a hit...what esle...jalapeno poppers are also delicious, and sorbet sounds like a perfect dessert!
    You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

livingprimal is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am looking forward to a huge grill fest this weekend! I've got ribeyes marinating now, and plan on adding burgers, hot dogs, and maybe a bacon explosion with that now that I've seen it mentioned above! All grass-fed and finished. My mouth is salivating just as I think about it!! I'd be in heaven with the grill and the smoker going.....delish! You can't go wrong with deviled eggs as a side, or any kind of salad. I have been craving an asian slaw, so if anyone has a tried and true recipe....pass it on, I'd love to try it. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast