Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Quitting Coffee page 2

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Why cut out coffee completely? A little bit is fine, even with cream and sugar. Make it a daily treat, and if you're drinking too much of it, slowly wean yourself down n
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Rocco Hill is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    Why cut out coffee completely? A little bit is fine, even with cream and sugar. Make it a daily treat, and if you're drinking too much of it, slowly wean yourself down n
    Especially with cream and sugar. On it's own, unless you drink it with a meal, is not recommendable.

dmccall4 is offline Junior Member
    What other factors should I be considering. I'm so tired of feeling lethargic! It seems like a lifelong problem... I've had my thyroid checked and it's normal. I'm not overweight and I have no other obvious problems like blood pressure, etc...

lucysmommy is offline Member
    I am trying col turkey from tomorrow but have some cream in the fridge just in case - I am going to try black tea

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Heh. Talking about the nutritive benefits of coffee is like Derp trying to rationalize his smoking habit (he actually said they were good for you.) Coffee does not have anything that you can't get elsewhere in food.

Yes, there is a reason you crave it. It's called addiction. That's not the same thing as "need".
    Caffeine: A vitamin-like nutrient, or adaptogen. Questions about tea and coffee, cancer and other degenerative diseases, and the hormones.

Tobacco smoking:
    Nitric oxide mediates a therapeutic effect of nicotine in ulcerative colitis - Green - 2001 - Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics - Wiley Online Library
    Recurrent aphthous stomatitis and smoking - T[]z[]n - 2001 - International Journal of Dermatology - Wiley Online Library
    http://www.data-yard.net/10v2/parkinson.htm
    http://www.data-yard.net/30/asthma.htm
    http://www.data-yard.net/10c/nicotine.htm
    http://www.data-yard.net/10b/cm.htm
    FORCES International - Archive
    http://www.data-yard.net/13/tlj.htm

Smoking increases Glutathione, catalase, DHEA, testosterone, reduces IGF-1, and reduces the risk of thyroid cancer in addition to all of the above citations.

Roll your own tobacco, using organic tobacco, no pesticides, no flame retardant in the paper, nothing except tobacco that has been smoked for centuries.
    nihil

dmccall4 is offline Junior Member
    Really? Hmmm... Maybe 1 cup a day would be a better idea, at least at first?

Quote Originally Posted by dmccall4 View Post
    What other factors should I be considering. I'm so tired of feeling lethargic! It seems like a lifelong problem... I've had my thyroid checked and it's normal. I'm not overweight and I have no other obvious problems like blood pressure, etc...
    Well, what you eat for a start. Quantity, quality, LC, VLC or otherwise. What exercise you do. Age. Gender. Children. Jobs. Relationships. Way you think. Everything.

Wow, and I actually thought Paleobird meant 'derp' as a blanket name for a person she believed lacked intelligence. I didn't realise there was someone called derp who actively advocated smoking on the forum.

Now I am actually laughing at the concept that Paleobird would try and correlate coffee and smoking. Bwaahahaha!

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Paleobird is str8 edge and blue pilled and has bought into most CW that suits her opinions.

I've failed to find any concrete evidence that smoking in itself is inherently harmful. I don't trust propaganda and junk science.
    nihil

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Hill View Post
    Nevertheless, it still has nutritional benefits(like magnesium), even if it can be gotten elsewhere. What sort of argument is that? Lol.

I'm not saying he/she needs caffeine, I'm saying he/she needs something and he/she goes to the coffee, and that should be something to consider. Calling it an addiction is to call coffee a drug. It isn't. Used properly it's more like a supplement, but it all depends on your context and health.
    If you can't wake up without it, get headaches without it and are cranky when without it, it's a drug. It's addictive. That is so blatantly obvious. Calling it a "supplement" is a junkie trying to rationalize their habit.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Paleobird is str8 edge and blue pilled and has bought into most CW that suits her opinions.

I've failed to find any concrete evidence that smoking in itself is inherently harmful. I don't trust propaganda and junk science.
    No, you just pull out "science" that comes down to a study funded by Phillip Morris that shows cigs are A-OK. (Seriously, he did that on another thread. All his "research" on the subject became suspect at that point.)

Some people can drink coffee without it being an energy crutch and I have no problem with that. That is the caveat that Mark states after saying that coffee is fine, he says, "as long as it is not used as an energy crutch." A lot of people stop reading after the, "coffee is fine" part, though.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast