Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help choosing these two herbs in supplement form..... page 3

fkjr2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieM View Post
    I wanted to say I understand wanting to supplement. I think getting it naturally by seasoning food is best for absorption. However, for some, it is either capsule or nothing, so why not go with a capsule? My Integrative Medicine doctor was all about turmeric. My issues (at that time) were labeled as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome but turned out to be something else.

All you are really going to be paying for with a supplement is the same ground spice you'd be getting in the spice aisle in a clear capsule. Alternative options to buying a supplement are buying the dried spices and encapsulating them yourself or you could dehydrate the spices yourself and encapsulate them. If you do choose to buy them, in my experience so long as you do just a bit of label reading, the spice doesn't have fillers and the capsule is either just gelatin or modified starch or cellulose. I wouldn't go as far as to call that a supplement full of fillers.
    thanks - finally a productive, helpful answer!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldergirl View Post
    You can also add both to your cup of tea (or coffee, if you don't like tea). I often make an herbal tea of just cinnamon and turmeric, maybe some black pepper, ginger or nutmeg. It makes a nice chai tea. It wouldn't mess up your fasting, and you could even drink it with your meal or just before bed or just after you wake up. It probably has about the same amount as you'd be taking in pill form, costs less, and is likely more easily digestible (no capsule in the way).
    thanks!

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieM View Post

All you are really going to be paying for with a supplement is the same ground spice you'd be getting in the spice aisle in a clear capsule.
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
    thanks - finally a productive, helpful answer!
    as i've already said, there is zero enforcement for ingredient purity or label accuracy. you can choose to ignore this fact if it makes you feel better.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    as i've already said, there is zero enforcement for ingredient purity or label accuracy. you can choose to ignore this fact if it makes you feel better.
    I'm actually choosing to ignore your comments!

JackieM is offline Junior Member
    If you do research, you can actually find brands people have tested for having what the label says. Also, for certain supplements I am able to tell by the effect on my body whether or not it has effective levels.

Agreed. That's what I was referring to but some comments here basically state that herbal supplements aren't pure and contain fillers. I found that hard to take and sure there are viable choices out there that have fairly good herbal potency. Thanks

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    tl;dr;

if you want to use those items for their health benefits and feel that simply cooking with them in any way shape or form is counter productive then buy them in bulk ( purebulk, nutricargo) and make your own capsules.

personally we eat chilli's and marsala weekly specifically for the health benefits. in fact most if not all of out daily food is really medicine in disguise
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123