Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you still get a horse shoe without triceps kick-back??? page

Gorbag is offline Senior Member

Can you still get a horse shoe without triceps kick-back???

Shop Now
    I hurt my elbow again yesterday doing triceps kick-back in a multi-set after overhead extensions and spider-curls! So, is it possible to still get a horse shoe shaped upper arm without it? Or should I perhaps just switch to deadlifts instead and forget about the horse shoe shape of the back of my arm? That’s the important question nagging me right now…

"When a person is poor in knowledge then he is rich in ignorance and stubbornness, carefully heeding around the little that he knows ..."
    - Gorbag

breetbree is offline Senior Member
    i don't know what it's called, but there's a bodyweight tricep exercise that's killer. grab a bar that's maybe a little higher than waist height, bend forward slightly, lower myself down, then push myself back up. i don't know if that's good enough explanation. but it kills my triceps. go on to youtube, go onto the f0rtress' channel. look at his video "get big triceps with bodyweight exercises" or something like that. he has massive arms and everything, all from calisthenics. his triceps are massive!

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Dips should do the trick.

Thats how I got my huge triceps. Emulate the best (me) and one day all this could be yours.

Paleo0731 is offline Senior Member
    x2 for dips. When they get easier, hook on some weight.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    I never do kickback-type exercises, and I have superhero-level triceps. So yes.

Sent via A-10 Warthog

Heh, you’re the man Neckhammer! Unlike you and Mr. Anthony I don’t have hyyuuuge triceps, but I can see the horse shoe clearly and some of the feather pattern! And being a greedy man, I wanted to see MOAR of the feather pattern so I changed from a 50 pound dumbbell to a 55 and wake up with pain in the left elbow the day after… I did weighted dips before tri-setting overhead extensions/spider-curl/triceps kickback for ten reps each (=30 reps) before changing arm. But today the elbow feels much better, so I guess that I don’t have to do deadlifts after all…
    "When a person is poor in knowledge then he is rich in ignorance and stubbornness, carefully heeding around the little that he knows ..."
    - Gorbag

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Al Kavadlo has some pretty nice muscles. Maybe do the stuff he does.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    I did kickbacks way back in the day. They always caused some dysfunctional pain. Just like my elbows hated that motion. Always did fine with tri bar push downs, overheads, reverse grip extensions, nosebusters, close grip bench, dips...... just them damn kickbacks hurt. Even though I don't work out frequently enough to worry about isolations right now, if I was to isolate I'd be leaving the kickbacks out.

OldSchhool is online now Senior Member
    You want big thick triceps then do parallel bar dips with your arms close by your sides. When you can do 10 strict slow reps with 100 lb hanging from your waist you'll have big triceps !

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchhool View Post
    You want big thick triceps then do parallel bar dips with your arms close by your sides. When you can do 10 strict slow reps with 100 lb hanging from your waist you'll have big triceps !
    Hey, I can do 8 with a 90 pound dumbbell hanging from my belt, and then I do 5 deep breath before doing 3 more, and then one and one until failing around 15 or 16 and then negatives until I feel that my shoulders are ready to be ripped off from my torso! My bodyweight is 218 pound so that's weight also...
    Last edited by Gorbag; 07-22-2013 at 09:12 AM.
    - Gorbag

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast