Thread: Hello! page

Shidoshi33 is offline Junior Member

Hello!

Shop Now
    Hey everyone! I am on day four of my new way of life! I am a 30 year old new first time father and have decided that I need to set a better example for my son. I used to be an athlete, although I've realized that that high school and college were a lot longer ago than I'd like to admit to myself. I've sadly put on about 100 pounds since I was 18. I weighed in at 266 last week when I went to the doctor and realized that the time for ignoring my ballooning weight was over.

I started eating better and I already feel less bloated. I am getting slight dizzy spells and a little nausea, but from reading the forums it seems like that is normal and part of the "carb flu". I have signed up for a crossfit gym and start my intro/education part tomorrow. That is where I come up with my first question: should I still go if I'm adapting to my new diet? I figure ill be with a trainer, so that will help, but just wanted some advice.

I really excited about this decision. I want to be able to keep up with my son. He's 6 months old and on the verge of crawling. I have a feeling I will need a bit of energy in the near future. Thanks for your help!

Mark

RedMenace is offline Senior Member
    Hi , Mark!
    Welcome! Also, congrats on fatherhood!

Just talk to your crossfit trainers about being new to paleo and PB. Most crossfit trainers are very familiar with both ways of eating and can help you through the adjustment to it all. In fact, a lot of crossfit gyms recommend a paleo, or paleo based diet.

But by all means, if you're excited about it, go! Lift heavy stuff and kick butt!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Prions are natures way of telling us that cannibalism is for losers.

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36522.html

Shidoshi33 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks!!!