Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Earthquakes here in NZ page 2

heatherp is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    Hi Heather, hang in there. i guess work out how safe where you are is and either stay put or run for the hills. maybe make sure you go fill your car with gas in case you need to get away. i dont scare easily but i really didnt enjoy the one we felt down here that killed all the people up in Chch. it's not a matter of toughness either as my kids were 7k up the road at school and it started shaking slowly here and kept going for a fair while. it was only mild in the end but you dont know till it stops. did you see the croods btw? i took the kids to see if a while back. they had an earthquake and it was what got them out of their cave.
    Heya seaweed- yes, all safe just shaken- 34 aftershocks overnight! We are safe here- the house is built on stilts so it moves a lot but that is a good thing for quakes, apparently (logic seems to bugger off when it's rolling!)
    Yes- the ChCh one was terrible and honestly, 24hrs of this and I can't fathom how everyone hung in there for so long.

I didnt see The Croods, but I might go for Monsters Uni for some distraction later this week

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    well, there were lots and lots of them all night, and teeny little aftershocks rolling in every 5 minutes. It mostly feels like a vibration through the body.

We made our go-bags, and DS was *so* cute about it all when we got up this morning. We packed his go back with his favorite books, his lego (his favorite toy), and his wooden sword (other favorite toy). I knew this is what would help him, so that's what we packed. THen we sorted everything else (our normal work bags, which carry everything we need), sorted our clothes to go, and went ot bed.

Around 3 am, there were several larger quakes that we could really feel (woke us), but i cannot get the stats from GEONEt and it's driving me nuts. Where is page 2 darn it! LOL

heatherp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    DS was *so* cute about it all when we got up this morning. We packed his go back with his favorite books, his lego (his favorite toy), and his wooden sword (other favorite toy). I knew this is what would help him, so that's what we packed.
    That is too sweet! I hope he's OK with it all
    Most of my mate's kids have been pretty chilled with it all, thankfully! Mostly b/c they're too little to understand.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    I heard tell of a little one born shortly after the Christchurch quake. For him, earthquakes became the norm. Crazy. Like African children born who have never seen rain because they were born during a drought.

Soulrunner is offline Member
    Things were pretty shaky in Golden Bay but have not felt the aftershocks here. Was just about to pour wine when it started.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12