Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Be still my heart....I think I have found pancake heaven... page

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member

Be still my heart....I think I have found pancake heaven...

Primal Fuel
    and not those nasty-banana-ass pancakes everyone raves about.

I think this one tops it. And it doesn't pretend to be a traditional pancake. Is it a pancake? A biscuit? A hash brown patty? A little crunch, a little sweet, a little savory. Oh my yum.

And to be able to make breakfast sandwich out of it! Heaven
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Aldergirl is offline Senior Member
    Those do look good... but oh the time it'd take to grate the sweet potato and carrot on my cheese grater...

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    That looks really good. For times like those, I use my ancient pathetic food processor's grating disk to grate the veggies.

Did you know you can put cooked, short-grain rice in a hamburger press, press it firmly into cakes, and use that for sandwiches?

Aldergirl is offline Senior Member
    I need a food processor. Maybe I'll get lucky and get one at my baby shower... It'd be far more useful than cute baby clothes!

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Sandra I know what you mean about those banana pancakes. I can't understand the attraction. I did make a variation with green plantains and they were quite good, then I got a little crazy and added some cocoa and honey and maybe even a little coconut flour and cooked them in my Belgian waffle iron for my son and his friends; they loved them!

The recipe you posted is more of a latka. If you like them savory you can omit the spices and add grated onion, a little crumbled bacon would be good too.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

GiGiEats is offline Senior Member
    I really have to try coconut flour! Does it taste coconuty?

Wildrose is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GiGiEats View Post
    Not at all really. It just tastes like a powder to me. It can be very dry but the eggs would definitely take care of that.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Chuckling again, Sandra! You really have it out for banana pancakes, dontcha?! But that is okay - you post nice recipes in its stead!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Sandra I know what you mean about those banana pancakes. I can't understand the attraction. I did make a variation with green plantains and they were quite good, then I got a little crazy and added some cocoa and honey and maybe even a little coconut flour and cooked them in my Belgian waffle iron for my son and his friends; they loved them
    Forager - would you please come on over to my journal place and POST THAT RECIPE!!! Third will personally send you a thank you for making waffles possible... She can tolerate all the ingredients you mentioned so far!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by GiGiEats View Post
    It tastes a little sweet to me, but not like coconut. Beware if you have issues with fiber! It has a lot.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast