Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Be still my heart....I think I have found pancake heaven... page 2

Goldie is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Sandra, THANK you!

I don't like bananas. I never have. I wish I did, banana pancakes and banana ice cream would be easy to make.

But I love sweet potatoes! I will probably try this recipe tonight!

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member

samuelf is offline Junior Member
    Recipe sounds tasty and agreed on bananas - I've tried them in a few different recipes and they just don't work for me. Not my favourite fruit by a long shot.

Is there a need to peel the sweet potatoes before grating them? I always eat the skin so just curious to know why it's omitted from these.

samuelf is offline Junior Member
    So are we pro-skin or anti-skin?

Crabbcakes is online now Senior Member
    Just made my first batch to go along with dinner tonight. Family loves them. Thanks, Sandra!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I simply bake the sweet potato to make sweet potato pancakes. Then use immersion blender to mix it with spices, eggs and a bit of tapioca starch or rice flour. Usually it is about 2 cups of baked potato, 5 eggs and 2 tbsp each of tapioca and rice flour; I use cinnamon and a touch of cloves for spicing + salt. I mixed bananas, strawberries, rhubarb with the sweet potatoes in the past. All good. Just have to fry them in butter on a low setting of the electric pan (~ 325) so they cook through and don't burn.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Ryancarter1986 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    That looks really good. For times like those, I use my ancient pathetic food processor's grating disk to grate the veggies.

Did you know you can put cooked, short-grain rice in a hamburger press, press it firmly into cakes, and use that for sandwiches?
    On masterchef Australia one of the contestants , had to do a Japanese gluten free task and figured out to make her pork or beef pattie / burger then for bun out of white rice, she mixed in some sesame seeds & wasabi I think or something along them lines. Looked pretty good and got the thumbs up from a Japanese fusion chef in NYC who I can't remember name of but has few restaurants .

From London England UK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12