Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fruit + Fat is a good idea? page 3

Miguelinileugim is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Hill View Post
    Or why not just eat more meals and cut the silliness about only being able to eat 1600kcals? Not surprising you can't eat more than considering you're stuffing it into one sitting. Jut space it out - eat at 11 am and 6pm and see how it goes.

White potatoes is probably your best bet for a starch, but cook it for 45mins boiled as a min. Some people's problems with starch is actually undercooking. Also I would favour saturated fat over olive oil(a reasonably safe pufa) and Avocado(not so safe a pufa). Potatoes are a great carrier for butter and coconut oil.
    The only fats I can find are olive oil, butter (it makes feel bad) and avocado. And I feel too well eating only once a day to consider eating even twice a day, if anything I'll try to eat a very nutrient-dense meal and lots of olive oil

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    You're not going to gain any noticeable amount of muscle as a young man eating at 1600 calories per day. I'm sorry, it's just reality.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguelinileugim View Post
    The only fats I can find are olive oil, butter (it makes feel bad) and avocado. And I feel too well eating only once a day to consider eating even twice a day, if anything I'll try to eat a very nutrient-dense meal and lots of olive oil
    what about fattier cuts of meat? like your dreamy jamon? are you eating eggs? try making ghee -- it may be the milk solids bothering you in the butter.

do you eat sardinas? caballas? other fatty fish?

as far as how you feel now, it's not going to last. your work-outs will start to suffer, your muscles will NOT grow and your immune system will likely become challenged.

i am a tiny middle-aged lady and i eat more than you. everyday. i eat twice.

YOU ARE NOT EATING ENOUGH.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Hill View Post
    Avocado(not so safe a pufa).
    calm down. the pufa's in avocado are not harmful. jeebus.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    calm down. the pufa's in avocado are not harmful. jeebus.
    Agreed. As long as he's not dipping into processed foods, the avo has many benefits for the OP. Lets not turn him off of more valuable calories and nutrients.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    what about fattier cuts of meat? like your dreamy jamon? are you eating eggs? try making ghee -- it may be the milk solids bothering you in the butter.

do you eat sardinas? caballas? other fatty fish?

as far as how you feel now, it's not going to last. your work-outs will start to suffer, your muscles will NOT grow and your immune system will likely become challenged.

i am a tiny middle-aged lady and i eat more than you. everyday. i eat twice.

YOU ARE NOT EATING ENOUGH.
    Jamon? Sorry but I must be the only spaniard who doesn't like it

My parents won't let me eat more than a measly egg a day. About ghee... are you sure it doesn't contain lactose or whatever that might cause me IBS? I've found that even the smaller cut of cheese is harmful to me...

I eat a tin of "sardinas" a day, I think that's enough for calcium or whatever.

Got it, I'm definitely not eating enough. What about:
    -450g of meat
    - >120g of olive oil
    -An egg
    -A tin of "sardinas"
    -Some cauliflower
    -An avocado
    -A potato
    -A lemon
    -A carrot
    -Half a red bell pepper
    -8 apricots (or similar fruit)

I think that's around 800 calories from protein, 1200 calories from fat, and 200 calories from carbohydrates or around 2200 calories...

Wait a moment... that's way more than... Oh... right... I forgot to multiply by 4 the calories from protein, stupid me!

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    I prefer to limit my carbohydrate intake to fruits, even if they're not very sugary and might put me at risk of slight ketosis. I can't eat anymore with one-meal a day (though so far every day I'm eating slightly more than the last, maybe my body is adapting) and while I'm sure that I'm getting enough protein and nutrients in general, I can't eat more than 1600 calories (for now).

As far as I've tried, eating only once a day feels great, like really really great, my mood increases the more time I spend without eating, until the point I'm hungry of course (the next day in the morning usually).
    = Ketosis

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    somewhere along the way you've got really confused about ketosis.
    this is how your body produces energy when you don't eat much carbohydrate. it burns fat (which you don't have) or protein and if you arent eating enough of these 2 it will scavenge what it needs from your muscles and your organs; you will get weak and weedy and eventually thinner and possibly sick.
    if you want to stay out of ketosis you need carbs or more protein or both.
    check your facts please as you are currently basing your lifestyle on misunderstanding
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Quote Originally Posted by EatMoveSleep View Post
    = Ketosis
    Wait a moment, are you telling me that that "feel good" feeling of the morning is ketosis?

Quote Originally Posted by CarbDodger View Post
    somewhere along the way you've got really confused about ketosis.
    this is how your body produces energy when you don't eat much carbohydrate. it burns fat (which you don't have) or protein and if you arent eating enough of these 2 it will scavenge what it needs from your muscles and your organs; you will get weak and weedy and eventually thinner and possibly sick.
    if you want to stay out of ketosis you need carbs or more protein or both.
    check your facts please as you are currently basing your lifestyle on misunderstanding
    OK... so I should eat more fats and protein... I'm trying to increase the protein/fat/carbohydrate amounts of my meal so I'll see if it's possible to get a high quantity of macro and micro nutrients this way.

For now, I'll make sure that I'm eating 450g of meat, a medium-sized potato, lots of fruit and as much olive oil as I can possibly eat. All that and some vegetables and all that for micronutrients and variety and such. Got it

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wait a moment, are you telling me that that "feel good" feeling of the morning is ketosis?

OK... so I should eat more fats and protein... I'm trying to increase the protein/fat/carbohydrate amounts of my meal so I'll see if it's possible to get a high quantity of macro and micro nutrients this way.

For now, I'll make sure that I'm eating 450g of meat, a medium-sized potato, lots of fruit and as much olive oil as I can possibly eat. All that and some vegetables and all that for micronutrients and variety and such. Got it
    yes, that sparkly energy is ketosis, nothing wrong with it and it does feel good- you just don't need it at your weight. when you have more control over your own diet you might try it-as long as you eat enough to sustain it!
    for now though the statement in bold sounds great.
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast