Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fruit + Fat is a good idea? page 2

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I think Mark just did a post on the absurdity of "food combining".

Ahh. Here it is Food Combining: Fact or Fiction? | Mark's Daily Apple

Miguelinileugim is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Miguel if I recall correctly you are fairly young, why are you eating one meal a day? Are you not hungry? If you are hungry then eat, eat primal foods. Run around, use your body, learn to listen to it and trust it, don't try and control it too much.
    I feel really good eating just one meal a day, I'm not hungry at all, the only problem I find is that fruit makes me feel slightly bad, but that's not because I eat only once, that's for sure

Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    There is absolutely no issue with you eating one meal per day and including a pile of fruit in that meal so long as you are getting adequate nutrition, including energy. Enjoy
    Interesting... Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    I think Mark just did a post on the absurdity of "food combining".

Ahh. Here it is Food Combining: Fact or Fiction? | Mark's Daily Apple
    Very interesting article! I think that solved all my doubts, I'll just mix everything in the same meal. Thank you very much

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    everything you eat causes an insulin response. that's normal bodily function.

can you explain why or how eating fruit "makes you feel bad"?

are you really sure you're consuming enough cals in one sitting to grow, thrive and build muscle? are you really eating a 2500+ calorie meal?
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    you're sure this isn't to save the 120 seconds you might waste eating them later?

Quote Originally Posted by Miguelinileugim View Post
    I just want to stay out of ketosis and eat strictly one-meal-a-day and no more
    intermittent fasting is an excellent way to provoke ketosis.

Miguel, lately you seem to have got very faddy and are doing things with your eating that are odd and grounded in poor science;you want to stay out of ketosis but are Pretty LC, you're also using IF but i doubt your calorie load is high enough to gain muscle. you're 16 and have an active lifestyle and are still developing. please reread about what you are doing
    Please don't go developing an eating disorder on us- i like you and i want to watch you get awesome not wrecked
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    everything you eat causes an insulin response. that's normal bodily function.

can you explain why or how eating fruit "makes you feel bad"?

are you really sure you're consuming enough cals in one sitting to grow, thrive and build muscle? are you really eating a 2500+ calorie meal?
    The sugar of the fruit triggers my IBS, I'm extremely sensitive to anything sugary.

And I eat around 0.8g of protein per pound, lots of nutrient-rich vegetables and fruits and around 30g of sugars from fruit (plus a little more from other things I guess). However I've made some calculations and I only eat around 1600 calories every day, but I'm not hungry, that's for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by CarbDodger View Post
    you're sure this isn't to save the 120 seconds you might waste eating them later?

intermittent fasting is an excellent way to provoke ketosis.

Miguel, lately you seem to have got very faddy and are doing things with your eating that are odd and grounded in poor science;you want to stay out of ketosis but are Pretty LC, you're also using IF but i doubt your calorie load is high enough to gain muscle. you're 16 and have an active lifestyle and are still developing. please reread about what you are doing
    Please don't go developing an eating disorder on us- i like you and i want to watch you get awesome not wrecked
    I prefer to limit my carbohydrate intake to fruits, even if they're not very sugary and might put me at risk of slight ketosis. I can't eat anymore with one-meal a day (though so far every day I'm eating slightly more than the last, maybe my body is adapting) and while I'm sure that I'm getting enough protein and nutrients in general, I can't eat more than 1600 calories (for now).

As far as I've tried, eating only once a day feels great, like really really great, my mood increases the more time I spend without eating, until the point I'm hungry of course (the next day in the morning usually).

I think I'll try to see how my body reacts to this, maybe in a couple of days I start eating more and more until I reach 2000 calories or even more... I might EVEN add potatoes for extra sugar.

P.S: Lettuce isn't very nutritious, so I'll try to add an avocado to the salad instead.

P.S2: Thanks

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguelinileugim View Post
    The sugar of the fruit triggers my IBS, I'm extremely sensitive to anything sugary.
    I prefer to limit my carbohydrate intake to fruits, even if they're not very sugary
    so which is it? if fruit triggers stomach issues, stop eating it and add some tubers instead. were you eating dried fruits the other day? what about bananas instead?

However I've made some calculations and I only eat around 1600 calories every day, but I'm not hungry, that's for sure!
    i am a 49-yr old female only 5'2" and i eat more than that. YOU NEED MORE FOOD. you are kidding yourself if you think this is going to lead to better health and muscle growth. sorry.

cut down on the bulky veggies and fruits and eat more protein, fats and good tubers. eat twice a day to get in more food.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    kidding yourself if you think this is going to lead to better health and muscle growth. sorry.

cut down on the bulky veggies and fruits and eat more protein, fats and good tubers. eat twice a day to get in more food.
    This right here.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

so which is it? if fruit triggers stomach issues, stop eating it and add some tubers instead. were you eating dried fruits the other day? what about bananas instead?

i am a 49-yr old female only 5'2" and i eat more than that. YOU NEED MORE FOOD. you are kidding yourself if you think this is going to lead to better health and muscle growth. sorry.

It's more about sugar than fruits in particular, tubers are as bad for me as fruits, though in reduced quantities they're not a problem.

What about adding a potato to the mix and even more olive oil (plus avocados instead of lettuce), that should do the trick

Rocco Hill is offline Senior Member
    Or why not just eat more meals and cut the silliness about only being able to eat 1600kcals? Not surprising you can't eat more than considering you're stuffing it into one sitting. Jut space it out - eat at 11 am and 6pm and see how it goes.

White potatoe is probably your best bet for a starch, but cook it for 45mins boiled as a min. Some people's problems with starch is actually undercooking. Also I would favour saturated fat over olive oil(a reasonably safe pufa) and Avocado(not so safe a pufa). Potatoe is a great carrier for butter and coconut oil.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast