Thread: Dried veggies? page

Primal Moose is offline Senior Member

Dried veggies?

Shop Now
    So, read online for some recipes for dried cucumbers, was thinking of making some tomorrow. Was wondering though, what about sugars. I know you shouldn't make dried fruit a staple because of the concentrated sugar, is the same true for veggies? Anyone know what drying veggies do to them as far as their nutrient makeup?
    Last edited by Primal Moose; 07-20-2013 at 01:54 PM.

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    the sugars already in the fruit whereas veggies makeup is generally much lower and drying wont add whats not there.
    feed back on what they taste like please -I'd be interested to know
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Veggies generally contain so little sugar in comparison. We're told to avoid dried fruit because in a dried form, the sugar is very concentrated and they can pretty much taste like candy and can be eaten mindlessly before you realize it. Try doing the same with dried cucumbers...
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I make dried vegetables for backpacking trips. I eat them for lunch and dinner. The only effect of them is they come out pretty much the same as they go in. You basically end up with a whole lot of indigestible cellulose and a little bit of digestible starch.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2