Thread: Grainless pizza page

Acteon is offline Senior Member

Grainless pizza

Primal Fuel
    I have been avoiding grains for a month now and had a craving for Pizza. This is what I came up with to satisfy the craving without eating grains.

In a large sauce pan I melted:
    2 tbsp butter
    2 tbsp coconut oil
    1 tbsp animal fat (bacon & chicken saved from previous meals).

I turned off the heat and let the pan coated with the fat cool.

Then I took 2 thinly cut grilling steaks (beef) one next to the other in the sauce pan.
    On the steaks I poured some Mexican Salsa verde. (If using veal steaks use spaghetti sauce).
    On the salsa verde I put thinly cut pastrami and pepperoni slices.
    I covered with Monterey Jack cheese
    Diced marinated turnips. (Something you find in a Lebanese food store)
    Green Olive slices
    Sliced marinated Jalapeņos
    Sliced tiny tomatoes
    Covered with a little bit more cheese.

I then turned the heat back on under the sauce pan and covered. After a few minutes, when I hear the fat sizzle and the cheese is melted. I use a spatula and lift the "pizza" up. I drip the fat from the saucepan into a pizza pan and put the "pizza" on top of the fat.

I set my oven to broil and watch as I heat the cheese with the top element of my stove.

Voilā pizza with no flour used.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Interesting idea, I may have to try that. You should look up a meatza, I think you'll enjoy it. Also, look up an almond, cheese and egg pizza base.

ikaika is offline Senior Member
    Hahaha, there was one time that I was making breakfast and posted a picture on facebook, with the caption... "Grillin in the mornin, grillin in the evenin, grillin at suppertime..." (In allusion to the old 'pizza bagel' commercials)
    And my friend replied "When grilling is on a bagel?"
    Me: "Why have a bagel when you can have bacon?"
    Her: "Ooooh when pizza is on a BACON"

...and I believe we inadvertently stumbled upon a GENIUS idea...

KXS
    KXS is offline Member
    Have you tried cauliflower pizza crust? its amazing...I like it better than the original, or gluten free versions.I am not a meant fan, though.

a-ray is offline Member
    I highly recommend the almond crust pizza recipe. IMO, its better than the cauliflower crust pizza. One of these days I will get around to trying the meatza!

pantrybites is offline Member
    I've tried both cauliflower base, the almond flour base and the latest - meatza. I like meatza the best as it tastes closest to the real thing.

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member
    +1 for meatza! Can't beat it. I find the almond flour crust too rich for my liking...I can only have 1 maybe 2 slices when we make pizza with an almond flour crust.
    I grok, therefore I am.

ikaika is offline Senior Member
    What is the cauliflower crust?

Poor cauliflowers. I feel bad for them, always having to maraud as rice or potatoes or some starch. I think I'll get some and let it shine as cauliflower.

(but really, I want to try all this cauliflower 'rice' and 'pizza' stuff!)

-写

yaslind is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Our version of the cauliflower, cheese, egg method:

2 cup cauliflower-(1 head is pretty close) Roast dry florets in the oven at 400 until browned and fork tender. Chop into small pieces. Stir the cauliflower into a bowl with 2 cups of shredded cheese (we like part mozzarella and part provolone). Add in 2 eggs and mix well with your fingers. We season it with salt, pepper, oregano, fennel. Spread it out on parchment paper on a cookie sheet and bake at 400-450 degrees for 10 minutes. Then we flip it over on the cookie sheet and then peel the parchment paper off. This gets both sides done very well and guarantees no sticking. Sprinkle a few tbsp of parmesan cheese and bake for 5-6 min more. Then add toppings and broil til melty. This method tastes very close to real crust.