Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steak sauce - WTF? page 2

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    A1 is unneeded. Steak sauce = the juice that releases from a steak when cooked properly. My parents used to tease me for eating the fat they left on their plates & soaking it in the juices left on the steak platter after grilling. I used bread for this purpose too, but now I just pour the juice down the throat. Delicious.
    Journal
    Current interests - CrossFit

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    steak sauce is fancy in oregon?

...steak sauce is considered high class?

.......it's not just a delicious condiment?

and people say southerners are weird
    No, steak sauce is not fancy in Oregon. I think she was referring to our parents generation. My dad was a county lifeguard when I was growing up. I remember A1 on the dinner table the rare times we had steak. My mom admits she still likes the taste of it no matter what the quality of steak. It's a condiment that some people enjoy. I like having a little horseradish on my plate with my beef..no matter what the cut.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    yeah, i've had fancy steak and i've had walmart steak. plain, it all tastes the same to me, but lemon pepper with chicken meat. a-1 with steak meat. blackened seasoning with salmon.

that's how i'm happy

it's not low breeding or high class, it's taste preference
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I used to think I was funny until I met Kathy Griffin. Im gonna have to call my mama and have her tell me how good I am. - ginger minj

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    I grew up with A-1, and yup, it was "high class" because that sauce never, ever hit the table unless we were having steak, which was rare enough to be a Big Fat Hairy Deal. Fast forward a few decades, and now I really like Peter Luger's instead. As well as a bodacious butter, wild mushrooms in cream, blue cheese, and steak plain, depending on mood.

IMHO you should be grateful you have the palate, knowledge, and wherewithal to eat better. I know those visits, though - I gave up eating at the folks' place a while ago.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Jer37208 is offline Member
    as a chef, one of my darkest secrets is that I love A1
    Here to eat and move like a caveman, not look or stink like one

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    *Nods* For my step-son's 23rd birthday we went to the expense of getting prime NY Steak from the local meat shoppe. Rather expensive. Most people agree that I make an incredible steak, even with poor cuts- give me prime and I will make you weep with gratitude that God created the cow. My step-son didn't even taste it before he said- "Do you have any steak sauce?" To his credit, I'm sure he did not mean to offend me. We don't use steak sauce but had some BBQ sauce. He dipped his prime NY in BBQ sauce. What a waste that cut of meat was on him.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    I grew up with A-1, and yup, it was "high class" because that sauce never, ever hit the table unless we were having steak, which was rare enough to be a Big Fat Hairy Deal. Fast forward a few decades, and now I really like Peter Luger's instead. As well as a bodacious butter, wild mushrooms in cream, blue cheese, and steak plain, depending on mood.

IMHO you should be grateful you have the palate, knowledge, and wherewithal to eat better. I know those visits, though - I gave up eating at the folks' place a while ago.
    Lugers has a steak sauce?? I need to find some. I was just at WF too..I wonder if they carry it.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    My mother was a cattle rancher and never forgave those who used steak sauce, nor those who ordered their beef well done.
    In God we trust; all others must bring data. W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    Lugers has a steak sauce?? I need to find some. I was just at WF too..I wonder if they carry it
    Yup! Check here - www.peterluger.com/ourproducts.cfm
    I used to have hubby bring it back from NJ, where we used to live, when he goes back for the job, but he recently found it locally. Well, locally as in the next closest city local. I think it was Giant Eagle. Horseradish base, tastes like a cousin to a good cocktail sauce. Addictive!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer37208 View Post
    as a chef, one of my darkest secrets is that I love A1
    That is okay... I recently found out Martha Stewart likes Spam, of all things! She totally admitted it!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast