Thread: Hello all!! page

byounghusband is offline Junior Member

Hello all!!

Shop Now
    Well, Hello all, New here and I have been reading through MDA for about a week solid and all of the explanations make SO much sense to me. I have been attempting to get it together for a couple years now..... That's called being lazy in action for those who are tracking it right....
    I have tried 31 day Fat Loss, and the subsequent Belly Be-Gone programs with some success, but fall off of the wagon easily. By just changing my diet in the beginning, I lost 20 lbs. in 30 days. I felt great and that was just diet change. Because I have a desk job, and another part time gig, which is mildly active, time is limited.... Yeah, I am lazy too.... But I'm getting TIRED of being LAZY!!!!!
    I want to begin exercising regularly and the plans in PB are really what I have been looking for.

My name is Bob and I currently live with my wife near Dallas, TX. I'm 5'7" and currently weigh 175 lbs. with 20% BF. I don't wanna really get HUGE, but to be in shape with 10% BF is what I am shooting for.

I have noticed a great difference in how I feel when I eat grain based foods. Stopping those will be really quite easy with the exception of my weakness - BEER. I used to home-brew and I really love the taste of beer. I don't drink to get smashed, but on occasion do along with a few buddies.....

My son, who is a Posture Alignment and Exercise therapist lives with us along with his wife. He is a helpful force in keeping me better aligned with my goals and encouraging both of us to stay true to our vision.

I look forward to being able to move forward away from CW and get healthy. Thanks in advance for what all of you have all done so far to show me this is possible and I hope you will keep me accountable as well!!

BTW, did anyone read the article on Yahoo news about the Paleo diet?? Hope it's ok to post this link...
    Yahoo! Shine - Women's Lifestyle | Healthy Living and Fashion Blogs

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Yahoo's article is pretty good. It would be better if you read "The Primal Blueprint". That will explain everything.

On beer, many don't quit it immediately. Often they do later. Most cut down the amount to start with though.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Thanks Cryptocode,
    I am ordering a copy of The Primal Blueprint. I have been reading through MDA and all of the Newbie stuff here on the forum for about a week now and I know this is how I will meet my goals. Today is my start to eating as Primal as I can. I have one Beer in my fridge. I wanna see how long I can make it last....

LOL! Beers go bad fast. Congratulations on all the reading. There's tons available there. I hope today will be the first day of many years.

Any questions about diet or food can go on the Nutrition section.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Update!!!

Ok, been eating Primally since Monday. Eggs, chopped Bell Peppers/Onion/Bacon or Canadian Bacon for breakfast. Lunch is leftover meat from the day before, Pork, Chicken, or Beef, Big Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette for lunch. Dinner is Veggies and big helping of the above listed meats. Snacks include carrots, almonds/walnuts, and some fruit. I drink just shy of a gallon of water each day, and have two cups of coffee in the am... Gonna try BP Coffee this weekend.

Anyway, NO Grains, NO Sugar, NO Processed foods, and that beer is still in the fridge. Looking lonely, but it must get used to that!!! HA!

Results?? down 5 lbs and 1% BF according to my Escali scale.... DW is starting to say she needs to change something.... Can't wait to get he on this ride.

I have more energy than I have had in a LONG while. I wake up and get up w/o hitting the snooze 5 times... no back ache, no stuffiness in the am... I deal with the stress at work MUCH better.

This ^^^^ ROCKS!!!!!

Big Congratulations. You're making great progress.

Well... Just shy of three weeks here. Loving every minute!!
    Down 10 lbs. and 2%BF!! This is the easiest way of eating I have ever done. It comes SO naturally.
    In the past 20+ years, we have tried Body for Life, Fit for Life, DW tried WW several times, I just don't wanna count points!!, South Beach diet, 31-Day Fat Loss, Belly Be Gone, and I have read Tim Ferris' 4 hour body.
    Limited success with each of those and it was harder to keep going with each of them. And it all came back and a little more
    PB just makes sense!!
    I have just about finished reading The Primal Blueprint book. Lots of great info and facts.

See Ya later and Grok On!!!

Jennifla is offline Senior Member
    I love your enthusiasm. It makes me
    As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again.

AbbyCK is offline Member
    Thanks for sharing your story and for the updates! Congratulations on your success!!!!