Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Berries! page

Sarahrob2248 is offline Member

Berries!

What is everyones opinion on a few berries when you are very close to maintenance level? I eat around 5 or 6 blackberries a day with my coconut oil, and that pretty much makes up most of my carbs ( no more than 20 g a day ). I only want to lose maybe 2lbs of fat. Are these few blackberries detrimental, even if eaten with coconut oil? Seems like some people say to eat zero fruit if you want to lose any weight at all...

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    I believe you will be perfectly fine.

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Pessimist is offline Senior Member
    I don't want to live in a world without berries!

Sarahrob2248 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pessimist View Post
    I don't want to live in a world without berries!
    I know! Now that I do pb, I can't understand why anyone would choose fake processed candy over berries...some people here seem super anti-fruit tho. Just wondered how bad can they really be?

BeachGrok is offline Member
    I have dropped 30 pounds since going Primal a few months ago. I ate (and continue to eat) berries throughout that time. I do limit them to an ounce or two when enjoying them but they are a definite part of my kitchen pantry (fresh and/or frozen).

By the way, for those you have the PB Cookbook, try the clafouti recipe but substitute berries for the peaches. YUM!

Pessimist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahrob2248 View Post
    I know! Now that I do pb, I can't understand why anyone would choose fake processed candy over berries...some people here seem super anti-fruit tho. Just wondered how bad can they really be?
    They aren't bad at all! Just as long as you don't go overboard with consumption if you are watching carb levels. But a handful (or 2 or 3...) every now and again is AMAZING! Summer demands berries imo.

Mike Alzen is offline Senior Member
    I'm one of those anti-fruit people, but even I will say a few berries is fine.

suechef is offline Member
    I think you just have to play with things until you find out what works for YOU. We are all different, from the beginning, and then have metabolisms that are messed up, etc. - there are a lot of factors at play so you can use the experience of others as a guideline, but chart your own course.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    I've easily lost 25 lb in less than three months eating one or two servings of fruit a day - a cup of berries in my yoghurt, a pear, etc. As long as I stay away from the booze, keep carbs somewhat under 100 or so, and do lots of walking I seem to keep losing fat. With basically no other sugar in the diet, I can't imagine that a cup of blueberries is going to stymy your health plans - that seems bizarre to me.

Actually, honestly, is it even possible to micro-manage your body to lose "two pounds" of fat? I can easily lose two-three pounds of sweat in a racquetball match - how would you even know if you have lost 2 lb of fat, 1 of fat 1 of muscle, or if you're just a bit dehydrated?

avocado is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahrob2248 View Post
    I only want to lose maybe 2lbs of fat. Are these few blackberries detrimental, even if eaten with coconut oil? Seems like some people say to eat zero fruit if you want to lose any weight at all...
    That certainly was not my experience. I wasn't even primal and I still lost 65 pounds. I hate to break the news, but lots of people lose weight even eating bread. But each person has to figure out what's necessary for themselves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast