Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you having for dinner tonight? page 40

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Kind of fighting a cold or flu (not sure which but I think I headed it off with an early dose of vit c) so tonight it is...

... Egg drop soup made with bone broth and thickened with more gelatin instead of flour. Craving fake Chinese food. Hehe. I might try primal sweet & sour soup one of these days too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    Bangers & Mash tonight ...

Debbie & Andrew's 97% Pork Sausages, roasted sweet potato (instant mash), loads of butter and a mushroom gravy made from leftover cooking stock from a beef brisket. Yum!

Harrogate Pork Sausages - debbie & andrews

RittenRemedy is online now Senior Member
    If anyone has an Eddie Merlot's in town, the New Orleans grill: small fillet, andouille, and shrimp. Potatoes. No croutons on the salad, plus anchovies, shared creamed (more like cheesed omgyum) spinach and cheesecake with the table.

I definitely recommend this place by the way. They have their own in house butcher apparently, so you can get lots of wacky cuts like bone in tenderloin and tomahawk steak.

Ryancarter1986 is offline Senior Member
    Chicken livers pilaff
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddr...rs-recipe.html

From London England UK

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    I have some swordfish, some leftover mashed potato, some spinach and some purple sprouting broccoli. I also have a boiled egg all good and ready, some smoked salmon and a fresh jar of pickled gherkins. Looks like I have starter and main sorted ...

If the apples from the garden and the last of the blackberries are stewed enough, I'll make up an almond flour and butter crumble with cream for afters.

The cats are having haddock. Tails and scraps that I get from the local chippy.

70in2012 is offline Senior Member
    Half a liter of juice (spinach, cucumber, carrot, ginger, celery and apple).
    A cup of olives and potato fries.
    Few but ripe.

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Mainly oven baked french fries and calf liver with tons of onions slowly cooked in butter.
    Will probably have some fruits, sheep yogurt, and other odd bits.

GiGiEats is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pjgh View Post
    I have some swordfish, some leftover mashed potato, some spinach and some purple sprouting broccoli. I also have a boiled egg all good and ready, some smoked salmon and a fresh jar of pickled gherkins. Looks like I have starter and main sorted ....
    Love swordfish! Ever feel guilty about the mercury or could you care less? Even though I know the selenium content in the fish tends to negate the mercury, I still cannot wrap my head around eating too much (or any) of it.

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Kind of fighting a cold or flu (not sure which but I think I headed it off with an early dose of vit c) so tonight it is...

... Egg drop soup made with bone broth and thickened with more gelatin instead of flour. Craving fake Chinese food. Hehe. I might try primal sweet & sour soup one of these days too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    I'd be curious to know your recipe! Hope you're feeling better!

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I love the British. Dude isn't even offended by my "Let Me Google That For You" link. Jolly well done, old man. Rubbish!

But yeah, Meatzza is awesome times eleventy.
    THIS IS HAPPENING IN MY LIFE VERY SOON! I've seen it before and it's official! Ha ha.

Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast