Page 31 of 49 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you having for dinner tonight? page 31

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I made a lasagne but I left out the pasta. What would I call it? Ovenbaked meat and cheese sauce layers??

Ryancarter1986 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    I made a lasagne but I left out the pasta. What would I call it? Ovenbaked meat and cheese sauce layers??
    Try this next time
    http://nourishedmeadow.com/2010/07/zucchini-lasagna/

Tonight:
    Calfs liver, courgettes, bacon, onion & pak choy.

The 1 pan skillet, bacon 1st, render it down, add 4 courgettes, slices onion, in oven to crisp up , back on top , add steamed pak choy, then put on plate, liver down 1min each side , on top woola !!
    Calfs liver,

From London England UK

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    I did that shank thing in the crock pot again, because it was good as hell last time and I didn't get enough of it. Tonight I'll probably have it with cauliflower "rice"

quikky is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I did that shank thing in the crock pot again, because it was good as hell last time and I didn't get enough of it. Tonight I'll probably have it with cauliflower "rice"
    Crock pot is culinary pimpage. I bought this gigantic piece of chuck roast at Costco, put it in the slow cooker with some liquid smoke, wrapped it in foil, and let it slowly cook to smoky, juicy, tender, beefy perfection.

That is my dinner. Plus a bit of potato and sauerkraut.

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    We had Carborama!!!

It's more a 'Perfect Health Diet' thing - basically, Carbonara but with rice noodles. The sauce was some Manchego cheese, eggs and cream. The "filler" was bacon, asparagus and mushrooms.

Tomorrow, we're having lamb kidneys on skewers with grated beetroot and courgette, minty sumac Greek yoghurt alongside.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    I'd call it, "The Best Part of the Lasagna, Why the Heck did Anyone Ever Put Pasta in It?" or for simplicity's sake Meat and Cheese Casserole.

I've done what I call Cheatza - cook up any toppings you'd have on a pizza. Melt mozzarella on top and put sauce on the whole thing. Who needs crust?
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I'd call it, "The Best Part of the Lasagna, Why the Heck did Anyone Ever Put Pasta in It?" or for simplicity's sake Meat and Cheese Casserole.

I've done what I call Cheatza - cook up any toppings you'd have on a pizza. Melt mozzarella on top and put sauce on the whole thing. Who needs crust?
    Sometimes I make mini ones where I use big uncured slices of pepperoni as the base, then just put a dab of sauce and some mozzarella on top. That's what I call finger food.

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    It's Wednesday, so dinner with the girlfriend. And Batman.

Instead of our three weeks in a row chicken-fried rice, we've roasted some turkey legs and vegetables in coconut oil, and for dessert she baked some gluten-free raspberry custard tarts, which any leftovers can go to my nan, who'll love them.

And Batman.

oliviascotland is online now Senior Member
    An omelette with all the vegetable leftovers in the fridge tonight.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Curried beef mince and carrot over golden kumara.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Page 31 of 49 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast