Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ovo-Pescetarian? Please help. page 4

Bonnie_Liesel is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Leida, you could be right about the cold turkey approach - perhaps in a while when he's used to seeing these kinda of foods in our home he'll be less hesitant to eat them if we take away the bread and pasta. I don't want to scare him more though - it's not the easiest change when we've spent the last two years telling him that eating animals is wrong. Sigh.

LibbyLou is offline Member
    Ah, once again we have something in common! For the past 2 1/2 years my son has known how I feel about eating animals, my vegan diet, etc. I have never forced it on him, though. He has eaten a pretty good mix of vegan/non-vegan foods since I started. But now that I am thinking of re-introducing the animal stuff, guess I'll just need to explain what I've been learning, etc. He's 10, will be 11 in December, so it's not like he's too young to understand.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Leida, you could be right about the cold turkey approach - perhaps in a while when he's used to seeing these kinda of foods in our home he'll be less hesitant to eat them if we take away the bread and pasta. I don't want to scare him more though - it's not the easiest change when we've spent the last two years telling him that eating animals is wrong. Sigh.
    (Hugs) Things will work out. Kids are resilient and as close to our ancestral selves as a human being can be. Hope you little guy feels better soon!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

paleodutch is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I don't know if you have considered game yet. In the Netherlands we have no predators so each year we have to shoot red deer and wild boar in order not to get to many. These animals are the ultimate in organic and get shot fast, they don't go to an abbatoir. The young get raised by the adults, no human intervention. Not eating them and having theme destroyed would be wastefull.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234