Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is sunflower lecithin page 2

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    In a lot of countries raw dairy is illegal (milk is apparently more dangerous than wine and tobacco). And what about the dairy is what they feed lab animals to causes cataracts?
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

maaikerose is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    I get the aversion to grains, I get the aversion to legumes, I get nut avoidance, I get the avoidance of refined fats and sugars - they are high in allergens, high in irritants, often generally lower on the nutrient-density scale, the fats and proteins are lower quality...avoidance often makes sense. But I'll never get dairy avoidance. It is one of the most nutrient-dense foods on Earth with extremely high quality fats and proteins. Grassfed milk FTW!

I get a lot of useful advice from your site and always enjoy reading peoples comments but im going to have to disagree with you here. Humans are the only species who continue to drink milk after weaning and the only ones that drink the milk of other species, this is a recipe for disaster in my opinion. I believe that everyone should make their own informed decisions about how and what to eat and no one has the right to tell anyone else otherwise but maybe for some of you this article will make interesting reading http://www.vegetarian.org.uk/campaig...free-guide.pdf Now before any of you get on the anti-vegan soap box, I just want to say for the record that im not a vegan. Over the years it has taken me a lot of research and trial and error to find what suits my body personally and the answer is this.......NO refined sugar or highly refined foods (probably the only processed thing I eat is nut milk), NO Soya, No Gluten (i eat gluten free grains in small amounts and dont buy pre made gluten free foods i make my own from raw ingredients instead) No yeast and NO dairy - I do eat eggs and I make my own dairy free butter using curdled nut milk and coconut oil as I refuse to eat highly processed vegan spreads I make my own cream and cream cheese from coconut oil and raw cashews. I eat tons of fruit and veg and I take organic pure high grade supplements like clean chlorella, unfiltered aloe vera and raw honey. I also eat local organic free range chicken and occasional sausage from a small organic farm near me and I eat wild Atlantic salmon as its the only fish im happy is pretty heavy metal free (sometimes I eat organic farmed salmon too)

Abyss is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maaikerose View Post
    I eat wild Atlantic salmon as its the only fish im happy is pretty heavy metal free (sometimes I eat organic farmed salmon too)
    This is tangential to the topic of this thread, but I have to say this.

Fish are not for farming! Even organic fish farms are environmentally destructive sources of toxic fish. The difference between wild and farmed salmon is worse than the difference between pastured and factory beef.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/salmo...-farm-vs-wild/

Wild caught Pacific salmon also contain fewer heavy metals than Atlantic salmon. Don't forget the selenium content. Salmon has more selenium than mercury, and selenium protects against mercury exposure. Salmon is practically anti-mercury. Most fish are, if you look at the selenium:mercury ratios!

Though I do agree with you on dairy. Though it is delicious, it is causes bad results for me~

Grafter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maaikerose View Post
    Humans are the only species who continue to drink milk after weaning and the only ones that drink the milk of other species, this is a recipe for disaster in my opinion.
    I'm calling false on the weaning: The Whole Logic Behind the Milk Intervention, Part 1 | Free The Animal From the link: "Animals don't wean because milk suddenly becomes poison. Mammals wean because their moms have better things to do—like go bear offspring gain and birth another one; rinse, wash, repeat." And as he also points out, it isn't like predators will avoid the mammory glands of prey animals.

Though, what is the basis for your opinion? Or put another way, why do you think it will be a disaster for peeps to drink milk?
    turquoisepassion - I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS

gdot is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Personally, I'm neutral on milk.

Many ancestral diets (post paleo) include whole milk products. And many generations of humans have clearly adapted to it.

It is however, also pretty clear that this an adaptation that has occurred on a widespread basis for only a portion of humankind.

As I am personally almost completely of northern European descent and have no reaction to it, I imagine it's pretty healthy for me. However, the only dairy I can currently fit into my carb plan is that which is nearly lactose free (HWC and well aged hard cheese).

Conversely, I think there are lot's of people who have reason to avoid it. If you know it was not a big part of your ancestral diet then I say it's suspect in general.

I could, of course, be completely WRONG!
    What have you done today to make you feel Proud?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12